hockeyleaks.com

JoeLassister

most rumour sites say this. We have probably, like 10 other teams, expressed interest. Whether we are one of the true contenders is one of those unknowables that Rumour mills would have you believe they somewhat know. They are guessing as to the true possibility of getting a player.

I think you could sit back and be the rumour mill yourself if you keep a level head. Look at what the Canadiens have, what they don't have, and what you think they need, then have a look around the NHL at what could be available.

I would guess that Bert would be high on the Habs wish list. Third in line, probably, behind Foppa (the number two centre that Gainey apparently covets), and now Doan, who is rumoured to be interested in a change of locale.

I think you could sit back and be the rumour mill yourself if you keep a level head. Look at what the Canadiens have, what they don't have, and what you think they need, then have a look around the NHL at what could be available.

I would guess that Bert would be high on the Habs wish list. Third in line, probably, behind Foppa (the number two centre that Gainey apparently covets), and now Doan, who is rumoured to be interested in a change of locale.

I think too many Quebecois remember what Doan said about them before Turin.

But the main question is : Is hockeyleaks a site i can trust concerning rumours?

Meh, the site looks okay but it's don't rely on it 100% since it still is a rumor site.

Although, keep this in mind, most of the rumors posted there are stuff that are usually reported on Spector or on TSN and so on.

Basically, that site has the usual stuff plus some little bits of info here and there. How reliable? Who knows, they're rumors.

Is this site a good one? Can we trust a text who say Montreal is in the race for Bertuzzi?

gosh... i hope not...

GO :hlogo: GO!

I don't.

neither do i... i'm certain if doan was traded to montreal and played great, whatever he said a few years ago would be quickly forgotten...

I vaugely remember some anti-French comment but he quickly apologized about it or something and no one here seemed too concerned about it.

Oh, here we go, from Wiki

He was selected to play for Team Canada at the 2006 Olympics which drew some controversy from people as he had apparently made racist comments to French referees in a recent game. This has been denied and the NHL cleared Doan of any racist slurs.

Now I remember, he's denied it since it happened. Really wasn't a big deal.

I vaugely remember some anti-French comment but he quickly apologized about it or something and no one here seemed too concerned about it.

Oh, here we go, from Wiki

Now I remember, he's denied it since it happened. Really wasn't a big deal.

Don't know where you been at this moment but just type "Coderre Doan" in google and enjoy... It is question of charges of racism, questioning on the relevance to include Doan in team Canada, of legal proceedings and demand of public excuses.

Denis Coderre is a former minister of amateur sports and this incident was everywhere on Quebec's tv news.

I don't say i care about Doan and what he said (in fact i'd like him to play with us) but there was a big deal in the media and some people might still be concerned.

Don't know where you been at this moment but just type "Coderre Doan" in google and enjoy... It is question of charges of racism, questioning on the relevance to include Doan in team Canada, of legal proceedings and demand of public excuses.

Denis Coderre is a former minister of amateur sports and this incident was everywhere on Quebec's tv news.

I don't say i care about Doan and what he said (in fact i'd like him to play with us) but there was a big deal in the media and some people might still be concerned.

Interesting. Doan was completely exonerated, has both French Canadians and the league standing up for him, and this Coderre fellow was so great at what he did that he wasn't even re-elected. If the people of Quebec feel that he shouldn't come to play for the Habs because of baseless accusations, then there are big problems with those people.

Interesting. Doan was completely exonerated, has both French Canadians and the league standing up for him, and this Coderre fellow was so great at what he did that he wasn't even re-elected. If the people of Quebec feel that he shouldn't come to play for the Habs because of baseless accusations, then there are big problems with those people.

:o

*points figer*

RACIST!!!

;)

:o

*points figer*

RACIST!!!

;)

french-canadiens (québécois) do have their share of racists... a very healthy share.

i'm saying this in the comfort of being a french-canadian also... i surely recognize that aspect of my culture...

What Colin said.

And where was I at the time? On habsWorld. Yes, this very site. Like I said...

NO ONE HERE CARED