Federal Election is coming next month

Pierre the Great

Haha.

I get all my political news from HW anyway. I remember last election, I read everyones debates on the issues, asked a couple people if they could help me find each parties platform and then went from there. It's like a really lazy, lazy way of being politically active.

I just don't want to end like a couple of my friends with the neanderthal way of thinking "Urrrgh, Tories are good. Liberals baaaaad. Urrrrrgh. *drools*"

Now I ask them what part of the Conservatives they like and what gets them to vote Conservative. They both stammered and got mad at me.

That's what usually is the case. If they can't figure out why they are voting for a party then well they shouldn't vote. The old saying well my parents always voted for __ party I will to is a pathetic cop out and bad for democracy .

Thats what me and my OTHER friend told them but they just got mad. He votes for the Green party but has actual reasons. Now I've never asked what those reasons are because I personally find the Green party a joke, but thats just me. He gets too riled away and the debate isn't worth it.

most of the people I know voted because of dumb ideas or the fact that their parents voted that way so you should to.

But the best is the cool crowd. In '00 and '02 the in thing to do was to be a republican. Then you were a 'rebel' if you voted democrat in '04 since again the cool thing to do was to vote republican. Then in '06 the kids woke up and realized what idiots they were and finally voted because they actually cared about something and not because it was 'cool'.

Brian Mulroney destroyed my party and now it is replaced with a Reform/alliance/conservative bunch of rag tag bitches(Harper etc..) that have no ties to true red tories. I was going to vote for them but changed my mind as they put out attack ads that just are not factually correct and do nothing to entice one to believe in politics.

Liberals are not any better but at least they were not run by Preston Manning and his reform red necks!

Now I ask them what part of the Conservatives they like and what gets them to vote Conservative. They both stammered and got mad at me.

you should have asked me! ;)