Lapierre's worth?

Sir_Boagalott

Just curious to know what Lapierre's worth is. Does anybody know or have any stats?

I wouldnt be surprised at all if he averages almost a goal per game.

I know most prolly think I'm crazy saying that, cuz Lapierre doesnt have that many points. However that is because I dont mean how many he gets personally, I mean how many he gets through all the power plays he creates. ;)

No clue how Lapierre does it, maybe he's got 1 of them books with stats on players and and his has everybodies gf/wife's name in it. :P Or maybe its just his long hair pretty boy good looks that makes everyone wanna highstick him in the mouth. No matter the reason though IMO its up to Carbo to give the opposition what they want and therefore play Lapierre more so they can give it him. :lol:

Seriously though, the Habs have 1 of the best power plays in the league and they need to grossly exploit that as much as possible. Habs 5 on 5 stats are horrible, so they need to score on the power play to balence it out.

The opposition seem to have a serious hate on for Lapierre, which is awesome. Every team needs player like the Laffs lil D*r*y *ucker, or a Rutuu or Avery like aggitator to get under the other teams skin and goat them into taking dumb penalties. Lapierre seems to be great at pissing off the opposition, plus he actually seems like he's got some skills to boot.

How many PP does Lapierre generate a game? I'd have to say its at least 2/game, and wouldnt be surprised if its 3 or 4. How many PPG's are generated off PP he creates? The Habs score on avg ever how many PP? 3-4?

Now just think:

Play Lapierre more, get more power plays and score more power play goals!!

Go :hlogo: Go!!

Thx for the link marky_and_komi

However I was looking more for specific stats regarding how many times Lapierre has been slashed, hooked, high sticked in the face by goalies etc that resulted in Habs going on the power play. How often do the Habs score on the PP created by Lapierre?

Everybody goes on and on aboot Gui being a large part of the Habs future. Peronally I think Lapierre will have just as big of part if not bigger. Dont get me wrong, I think Lats will get a lot more points, but Lapierre will create a lot more PP's giving the team more chances.

Lapierre doesnt get a lot of ice time, and if its increased I bet he will create that many more PP's. If Lapierre is getting 8 mins game right now and creates 3-4 PP's then increasing his time should also increase the PP's because it gives the opposition that much longer to hack away at him, which no team seems to have a problem doing.

Lapierre is young and its to soon to make any similarities really, but I'm starting to beleive that Lapierre could be the Habs next Claude Lemiuex. :D

I can so see the Habs making it to the 3rd round this year after the 2nd round "incident" with Lapierre. Lapierre will be suspended for 3-4 games in 2nd round, but Emery will be too. :lol:

Everybody goes on and on aboot Gui being a large part of the Habs future. Peronally I think Lapierre will have just as big of part if not bigger. Dont get me wrong, I think Lats will get a lot more points, but Lapierre will create a lot more PP's giving the team more chances.

Lapierre doesnt get a lot of ice time, and if its increased I bet he will create that many more PP's. If Lapierre is getting 8 mins game right now and creates 3-4 PP's then increasing his time should also increase the PP's because it gives the opposition that much longer to hack away at him, which no team seems to have a problem doing.

Lapierre is going to be a Begin style of player but he will be better then Begin, already he is faster then Begin and is good at making the other team get penalties, sure Latendresse will have more points then Lapierre, but Lapierre would take a big part in the team when they will be shorthanded and will need to boost of the teams moral with a couple of hard hits.