Hockey News Rankings

Wamsley01

Carey Price ranks 5th overall and Andrei Kostitsyn comes in at 45 in THN Top 50 prospects.

The Hockey News also ranked the top 10 in each Organization:

1. Carey Price

2. Andrei Kostitsyn

3. Mikhail Grabovsky

4. Ben Maxwell

5. David Fischer

6. Sergei Kostitsyn

7. Maxim Lapierre

8. Jaroslav Halak

9. Kyle Chipchura

10. Alexei Yemelin

I believe THN also said that there are 20 better goalies than Huet in the NHL.

Yeah Raycroft and his .895 Save Percentage and 28 wins in 58 games finished ahead of him in the poll.

It is written in Toronto remember.

Anyone know why Maxwell keeps rating high but Ryan White doesn't? Last year everything I read said that the big questions about White were his conditining and scoring. This year his conditioning, from what I understand, is much improved and he's leading the WHL in scoring. Who could ask for more?

Hockey's future has updated habs rankings and they moved White onto our very deep top twenty list, but not by much. I assume there's a reason to doubt this kid's NHL future, I just can't tell what it is.

That list is worthless without Ryan White on it. Or else it was formulated back in August. White is a better prospect than Kostitsyn and Grabovski combined, and will have a longer and more productive NHL career than the two of them put together as well.

I believe THN also said that there are 20 better goalies than Huet in the NHL.

I'd say 30. :P

That list is worthless without Ryan White on it. Or else it was formulated back in August. White is a better prospect than Kostitsyn and Grabovski combined, and will have a longer and more productive NHL career than the two of them put together as well.

source? ^_^

white can't skate. he'll be a steve bégin while the other two will play on our top 2 lines, soon

white can't skate. he'll be a steve bégin while the other two will play on our top 2 lines, soon

He can skate, but needs to add speed and a quicker first step. He does remind me of Begin a bit in that he'll do whatever he can to help his team win, block shots, take the body, drop the gloves, but he doesn't have Begin's speed just as Begin doesn't have his shot, White has an impressive wrist shot and is a good passer. I really like how strong he is along the boards. I got to see him at the U-17's along with Maxwell, and White was the player that stuck out more. I think with White you get a guy that is almost a lock to play in the nhl someday, although his upside is where the questions really start.

hey montreal: whats your take on maxwell, I know he's hurt right now but he was dominating in the WHL. he really impressed in preseason against boston, trying to hit chara !!

hey montreal: whats your take on maxwell, I know he's hurt right now but he was dominating in the WHL. he really impressed in preseason against boston, trying to hit chara !!

He's back from his injury. Skilled offensively, good skater with good speed and acceleration. He stays to the outside too much imo and he seems to play a passive style, not very intense. But he moves the puck well and has a nice shot. Overall his offensive skills are impressive but it's hard to say how his game will translate at the pros.