Game Thread | Habs vs. Boston | 03/03/07

Spider-Man NL

Looks like Abby is gonna lose another starting spot, to a rook this taime. Right now I think Abby would lose backup to even leighton with the way he played last night.

Anyone know how long perezhogin is going to be out? I think Kosty should be on that first line.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

komisarek needs to drop the gloves more often.. especially when challenged :angry:

he can certainy dish out the checks but he needs to back that shit up and not pussy out on a throw down!!

halak had a good 1st!!!

B)

ryder and muller had a nice chuckle on the chara hit/push :lol:

Looks like Abby is gonna lose another starting spot, to a rook this taime. Right now I think Abby would lose backup to even leighton with the way he played last night.

Anyone know how long perezhogin is going to be out? I think Kosty should be on that first line.

You know what is scary.. Huet and Abbey have the same save percentage since December 23rd...

I think we won't see Abby anytime soon

I said in last nights thread that Abby wont start once in the rest of the season. After last night, its over. Carbo didnt had that much confidence in Abby to start with, now I dont think he'll risk any more points on Abby.

komisarek needs to drop the gloves more often.. especially when challenged :angry:

he can certainy dish out the checks but he needs to back that shit up and not pussy out on a throw down!!

halak had a good 1st!!!

B)

ryder and muller had a nice chuckle on the chara hit/push :lol:

Montreal had possession deep in the zone when Komisarek was challenged. I think he was smart not to drop em.

Yes Halak held us in, BUT the problem still remains!!

Not enough shots, too many against us and not enough fire from the Habs players; Come on Carbo [pull a Bobby Knight] and throw a chair at someone! OR give 'em all a kick in the arse with a steel-toed boot!

I said in last nights thread that Abby wont start once in the rest of the season. After last night, its over. Carbo didnt had that much confidence in Abby to start with, now I dont think he'll risk any more points on Abby.

and yet... Gainey did not go out and get one of the cheap veteran goalies that were available.... :angry:

He shows more strength backing down than he would beating the crap out of a 4th liner. We need him on the ice, not in the box.

Montreal had possession deep in the zone when Komisarek was challenged. I think he was smart not to drop em.

yeah i noticed that... ryder actually drew a penalty from mowers... but komi still should drop them more often. :D

and yet... Gainey did not go out and get one of the cheap veteran goalies that were available.... :angry:

still assuming they were cheap, are we?

Like who? Any of them much more reliable than Aebischer AND not having a big contract AND available for anything but a) draft picks or B) prospects ???

If there's a goalie fitting those conditions, I'd like to know who it was...

He shows more strength backing down than he would beating the crap out of a 4th liner. We need him on the ice, not in the box.

he's not a pussy.. but in general i wouldn't back down from a challenge.. you got to show the other team you aint going to take any shit.

i wouldn't advise anyone to take on chara... they'll get whipped and prolly injured if they aren't careful :blink:

Yes... so we can lose him for 5 minutes and possibly an injury...

Komi's too important to the team now to drop the gloves, especially not against a team like the Bruins. He's our no. 3 d-man, so he needs to take out someone has important on the other side, which there isn't really.

How much is making the playoffs worth to you?

well, yuo're assuming that 1) we have no chance at making the playoffs with the goalies we've got and 2) we would definitely make the playoffs with Cujo or Belfour.

I think our chances are still pretty good.

he's not a pussy.. but in general i wouldn't back down from a challenge.. you got to show the other team you aint going to take any shit.

Do we need the players to be even -less- disciplined as they are right now?

It was reported that florida wanted a 3rd rounder... I call that cheap...

It was reported that Souray would be traded to San Jose (almost 100%).

Like who? Any of them much more reliable than Aebischer AND not having a big contract AND available for anything but a) draft picks or B) prospects ???

If there's a goalie fitting those conditions, I'd like to know who it was...

Belfour.. better stats then Huet.. certainly better then Abbey.. and available for a pick.. its called a vet the team has confidence in. He would have been the anchor to get us to the playoffs, and then we would have him and Huet both available, depending on how huet is doing on recovery...

cheap insurance, attainable, and certainly worth the risk, imo. Oh, and just about every hockey analyst I have seen has brought it up as well.. so its not just me...