Perezhogin badly hurt

Punkned

Just because Dick Pound speculates it, that makes it true? The NHLs testing policy has pretty much proven Dick Pound to be full of shit....how many positive tests has the NHL had, and EVERYONE got tested last year?!

The testing policy is a joke. Those players would have to be completely stupid or not give a * in order to be caught.

The NHL is just paying lip service to cover their *es. They have no wish or intention of actually catching anyone. If you sent Dick Pound in there with full authority, he would have 100 NHL players busted within a week.

The testing policy is a joke. Those players would have to be completely stupid or not give a * in order to be caught.

The NHL is just paying lip service to cover their *es. They have no wish or intention of actually catching anyone. If you sent Dick Pound in there with full authority, he would have 100 NHL players busted within a week.

How about you deal in facts and stop putting forth your own opinions as facts.

Althought Perezhogin hasn't particuliary shine yet his size and speed are a special combo and I believe him to have very good offensive instinct when used in a face moving

context along fast moving partners........I have seen him at his best when he was lined-up with Higgins and Pleks during the pre-saison games last year and also during International competition where he was involved in some of the most beautifull tic tac to type of goals with his Russians mates.

Zhogin is well equiped to play well in the NHL and he also did confide in the Russian press that he likes to play the more physical games being played on the maller north american rinks,........the problem I believe with Zhogin is that he falls mentally asleep when he plays the slow paced passive type of game that Carbo and Julien had them playing.......I think most players do but Perez more so.

I would like to see him playing the third line next year with Kostsitsyn centered by Pleks or Garbovski........I cannot imagine him failling in such context........Buffallo has been getting excellente offensive contribution from their youngs on the third line so are other fortunate teams..........I believe our emerging talents ready to give us the scoring depth needed to be hightly sucessfull at playing the face pace brand of hochey that suits favorably the newNHL.......some of our players where lackluster this season........but then so was our overall game.....our team never had panache this season, coaches didn't seems to mind it.......until the collapse.

Now that Carbo has finally decided to spread the skills players all throught the lines and to allow them to forecheck more..........I wished that Perezhogin would be around.....or that we wouldn't be so late in the season.

Edited by PB

Althought Perezhogin hasn't particuliary shine yet his size and speed are a special combo and I believe him to have very good offensive instinct when used in a face moving

context along fast moving partners........I have seen him at his best when he was lined-up with Higgins and Pleks during the pre-saison games last year and also during International competition where he was involved in some of the most beautifull tic tac to type of goals with his Russians mates.

Zhogin is well equiped to play well in the NHL and he also did confide in the Russian press that he likes to play the more physical games being played on the maller north american rinks,........the problem I believe with Zhogin is that he falls mentally asleep when he plays the slow paced passive type of game that Carbo and Julien had them playing.......I think most players do but Perez more so.

I would like to see him playing the third line next year with Kostsitsyn centered by Pleks or Garbovski........I cannot imagine him failling in such context........Buffallo has been getting excellente offensive contribution from their youngs on the third line so are other fortunate teams..........I believe our emerging talents ready to give us the scoring depth needed to be hightly sucessfull at playing the face pace brand of hochey that suits favorably the newNHL.......some of our players where lackluster this season........but then so was our overall game.....our team never had panache this season, coaches didn't seems to mind it.......until the collapse.

Now that Carbo has finally decided to spread the skills players all throught the lines and to allow them to forecheck more..........I wished that Perezhogin would be around.....or that we wouldn't be so late in the season.

agreed. Except I'd like to see him on the second or first lines instead of the third...

agreed. Except I'd like to see him on the second or first lines instead of the third...

agreed too. but I hope to see Zhogin on the third, which would mean we have better players on the two firts and are thus extremely competitive! B)

Have a successful summer Bob! :hlogo:

Perezhogin has great legs. He has to get his offensive game together. His shot must improve. he reminds me a bit of Bob Gainey in his early years. Gainey was a raw talent that had to develop shooting and passing skills. Perez doesn not have Gainey's physical presence but he has better offensive skills that will mature with time. Don forget his +- which suggest opposing players dont like to play against him. That is a little like Gainey. Let us not forget it was his check that forced Keith Primeau to retire. I am sure we are all frustrated with all the missed opportunities this year and the silly penalties. However, I think we all know that can change over time.

Perezhogin missed 8 games since he received a shot on the site of the head during a practice. He's been out with a concussion since then. Françon Gagnon reports this morning that Perez's not getting better... He won't play this week-end. It has really been a bad year for him :(

You guys still belive he's gonna develop as a solid 2nd liner or is he an other Kovalenko?

yes... for sure... i hope he can come back and be a part of the push by the young hungry wolves... he's got the youth, the talent and the heart...

GO :hlogo: GO!

agreed too. but I hope to see Zhogin on the third, which would mean we have better players on the two firts and are thus extremely competitive! B)

Have a successful summer Bob! :hlogo:

it depends who those better players are on the first two lines. If you're talking about the players we have now, then I think he deserves a chance to show whether or not he belongs there. If you're talking about bringing in others through trades and signings, ppl who have already proven they're first liners elsewhere, then maybe he stays on the third... but if it's who we already have, give him a chance ... he hasn't been given a real chance...

Take him off the intolerably slow checking line and use him properly and his points will explode. He is too fast not to be dangerous at all times. He should get Ryders spot on the first line for awhile as Ryder looks like a disaster most of the time on the ice.

Carbo has misused the youth on this team and should recieve a great deal of blame should we miss the playoffs. I was happy he was our coach at the beginning as I didn't like Julien much at all but now he is looking incompetant.

Take him off the intolerably slow checking line and use him properly and his points will explode. He is too fast not to be dangerous at all times. He should get Ryders spot on the first line for awhile as Ryder looks like a disaster most of the time on the ice.

Carbo has misused the youth on this team and should recieve a great deal of blame should we miss the playoffs. I was happy he was our coach at the beginning as I didn't like Julien much at all but now he is looking incompetant.

I like Ryder's play lately

Agreed totally. It has been frustrating. Carbo kept Kovy and Sammy (mostly playmakers) together for too long nevermind all the other fiascos.

Conclusion: KEEP HIM

I agree, this is the bad karma finally coming back for that home run swing he took at Cleveland Barons defenceman Garrett Stafford's dome back in 04, once Parishogan gets past this it's all upside!

*Stafford currently the top point getting defenseman for the AHL's Worcester Sharks, home to Montreal native Mathieu Darche.

Trade value: nil

Cost/cap hit: next to nil

Prognosis: potential washout, potential 50-point forward

Conclusion: KEEP HIM

well, i don't know if i agree about the washout thing... maybe a disappointment but certainly not a washout but yes, KEEP HIM

GO :hlogo: GO!