Jessica Dube moving on

Pierre the Great

Fearless Dube moving on

Toronto Star

The jagged scar starts at the bridge of her petite nose, runs under her left eye and, like a letter V tipped on its side, cuts back to the centre of her cheek.

Doctors, however, have told Jessica Dube that this physical evidence of the horrific accident at the Four Continents Championships last month in Colorado Springs, when her pairs partner Bryce Davison's skate sliced her face while they were performing side-by-side camel spins, will disappear in about a year.

Dube, 19, said any mental scars vanished moments after she stepped back on the ice 11 days after the accident.

"(The routine) was the first thing we did when we got back on the ice," said the Drummondville, Que., native.

"I wouldn't say I was scared, only a little bit nervous. As soon as we got on the ice I asked Bryce if he wanted to do the spin. That's what I wanted to do. We did it. After that everything was great and we just continued on from there."

Now, confidence, she added, is the only thought she'll be carrying with her in Tokyo when the world figure skating championships begin on Tuesday.

Story continues at:

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/192985

202032_3.JPG

Jessica Dube's young face was cut by her pairs partner's skate in collision during competition last month. Dube has gotten over the accident and is headed to worlds.

well, if that's the case, she's got an unusually good attitude...

in our good looking youth (especially women - check some of the threads we have had here...) oriented society, for someone of her age group to be able to 'move on' is way to her credit

bravo!

GO :hlogo: GO!

It's called focus. Getting back on the horse when you get bucked. Mistakes happen, and when you are focused you know that it was just an accident, and not a reflection of your skill. You will take steps to avoid it by thinking strategically, and not running away.

Kudos on her. I hope she does well at the worlds.

(nasty looking scar though ... hate seeing that sort of accident happen)

I'd hit it

uh? :?- :?- :?- :?- :?-

an uncouth way of saying I'd have sex with her.

oh.... :blush::blush::blush::blush:

For those who didn't see it.

I always find stuff like that disgusting. I can hardly watch that video.