HABS vs DEVILS X2 (Gamethreads)

puck7x

Not the best period of hockey for the habs. We had loads of trouble dealing with the devils forchecking, plus to make matters worse we easily got bottled up in our own end and couldnt make a breakaway (or clearing) pass to save our lives...

0-0 after 1...

Shots: 12-8 Devils

On the bright side... The habs dominated much of the 1st period yesterday but played lousy the rest of the game, maybe the opposite happens tonight?

2-1 Habs , Devils scored... Madden with the SHG after a dumb pinch by Souray...

Though Souray made a smart play a few minutes later... after the whistle their was a scrum near the benches, Sean Brown tried to get Souray into a fight, Souray wouldnt bite... Souray ends up getting 2 for roughing anyways, but its better then losing Souray for 5 minutes... Souray/Brown is not a good trade-off for Habs.

The roll continues, another good win, although they had me worried at the end there. Kind of nice to see Souray control his emotions and not drop his gloves there.

At the end of the game Bulis was playing with Zed and Koivu and Ryder took his spot on the Ribeiro line with Kovy.

As much as i'd like to have Ryder on the third line and being able to have 4 dangerous scoring lines, i don't think that Dagenais will let that happen, he hasn't produced anything so far and he is running out of chances to prove himself right now.

Originally posted by Quebecois

At the end of the game Bulis was playing with Zed and Koivu and Ryder took his spot on the Ribeiro line with Kovy.

I heard that was because Perreault got injured in the 3rd... only played 2 minutes.

Demers mentionned a possible shoulder injury, but he was just specualting... might be nothing.

As much as i'd like to have Ryder on the third line and being able to have 4 dangerous scoring lines, i don't think that Dagenais will let that happen, he hasn't produced anything so far and he is running out of chances to prove himself right now.

CJ shouldn't give up on the idea of three offensively potent lines just yet.... I'd try this if Dagenais can't get it going:

Perreault-Koivu-Zednik

Bulis-Ribeiro-Kovalev

Sundstrom-Dowd-Ryder

Langdon-Begin-Ward

Ribs & Kovalev seem to be lacking a forechecking presence when Ryder leaves their line... I think Bulis could provide that.

And no need for Bulis to produce like Ryder on top of it, Kovalev should pick up that part of the slack.

Sundstrom is versatile enough to complement Ryder offensively while continuing to be defensively responsible on that 3rd line.

I'm not saying it's the perfect lineup, but I'd try it in an effort to find those elusive 3 productive lines.

Originally posted by huzer

I'm pretty confused by the picture? Would any other site that's trying to be reputable use something that inane as a picture for a hockey story? C'mon guys.

That was my error. I was trying to convey how boring the trap was and how it could put anything to sleep - like a kangaroo. However in retrospect I can see it was a poor choice.

Apologies to those that were offended.

Colin

Excellent game.

We have three solid scoring lines now. All lines committed to defence. I can't believe it but the Habs actually have DEPTH! :o

We are young and have a very bright future ahead of us.

Ryder continues to shine. The board work from this kid just blows me away.

I was so happy for Kovalev to get that empty netter. I hope it gets the monkey off his back. He has been playing really good hockey the past couple of games. The more I watch, the more I realize that it's his linemates tha need to step up their game. They seem stunned when Kovy gets them the puck.

I'm happy as shit with our team.

:ghg: