The Great Merged Toronto Thread

rafikz

In order of preference

1. Decisive win. Not necessarily a blowout, but a two or three goal margin.

2. A late-game winner, maybe a couple of minutes left. Both sides trade goals through the first 55 minutes, then Habs grab the lead late on a highlight-reel quality goal. I wouldn't want to lose on an ugly goal, and I'd rather not win on an ugly goal either.

3. Regulation win, by any means.

4. OT win, real quick.

5. Shootout win, with Halak taking the reins after Huet plays the game.

6. OT. Any OT result would keep Habs ahead of Leafs, based on more wins.

The extras, the icing on the cake, if you will.

Komisarek delivers a couple of rush-ending hits on Sundin, Tucker, Wellwood, and/or Antropov.

Bam Bam Bouillon drops Tucker in a fight, AGAIN!!!

Koivu, Kovalev, Higgins and Ryder have multi-point game

Lapierre drops Tucker in a fight.

Anyone drops Tucker in a fight.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are sending a satellitle truck to Kilgours bar on bloor street around 4 pm tomorrow. So, it'd be great if we can get a habs fan there at that time to do an interview on camera. Please forward me any numbers you may have for guys coming to Toronto. Thanks for all your help!

If you're a Habs' fan going to the game in Toronto Saturday, please send me a PM with an e-mail or phone number. There's a reporter from the CBC that would like to talk to you. Please, only those seriously going to the game and willing to take part contact me.

Thanks!

I live in sweden and most people here doesnt even care but my whole week has almost been ruined by this tense, and this is the most hectic week of the year here. If we win this game next week will feel so fine that people will say I must be on drugs.

Well guys, they HAVE to win. Tommorow is my birthday, and I would trade any presents I receive for a habs win tommorow.

i really would prefer to watch the game with my family (all habs fans) and not have to hear the constant chirping of my leaf fan friends, but they will be pissed if i dont go out and watch the game with them. i am going to be a wreck. Much like CBHabs_Fan, i am not anti-social, but a game this big, against my most hated team in the league and it means the playoffs.

i am cringing at the thought of all of them jumping around and screaming on leaf goals and it would be the most amazing thing ever if the habs stomped them.

PLEASE WIN it will be my best birthday gift ever lol

Nervous yes sir, not to the point of shitting myself loose like Rob :wacko:

But more than then nervous i am curious.

I am curious wich habs team will show up in Toronto.

Because i have a feeling that even after 82 games i still don't know what they are made off.

They will have nobody but themselves to blame if they lose, they have their faith in their hand.

Losing pain is part of the winning joy.

I think we fans have suffered enough pain in January and February.

Not really. That feeling is in a state of hibernation right now. That could change throughout the course of the day. Tomorrow I'll be pumped though.

I don't believe you B) You're too into it not to be..

On the other hand it will be sweet if we go into their building and come away with the win (or even an OT loss).

We win in regulation or overtime: we are in.

Toronto wins in regulation: we are out.

We win in overtime: Toronto is out. Islanders are still in.

Bottom line is that we need the two points or Islanders can pass us with two victories.

What would be the worst scenario ever is if we lost in overtime/shootout. That means we eliminate them by bringing it to overtime. Then they, along with two Islander wins, eliminate us.

OH the horror!

Edited by PurpleHills

I will be watching the game with 4 leaf fans. I am so nervous right now it isn't funny. Just for simple reason that the Leafs seem to pick up their game when they play us. And this team hasen't exactly been road warriors lately. I should be intoxicated however by the time the third period rolls around. All I want is a 3 to 4 goal lead heading into the third. Is that too much to ask?

I'm nervous because I am living and going to school in Toronto.

I've already decided I'm not taunting anyone at school should the Habs win. I can't say my leafs fan-classmates will do the same.

The biggest game of the year whether or not ur a habs or leafs fan!! Everyone who likes hockey will watch.

A huge rivalry.

I would liketo know if any of you guys had a personal bet with a friend who happens to be a leafsfan ^_^ ?

I did so i am ready to vommit!! Saturday's going to be a nailbiter! If we win my buddy has to wear a habs jersey to work twice a week until were out of the playoffs (hopefully we go all the way!) I would have to do the same but with a leafs jersey :( .

This could result in suicide!

Bets anyone?

We are sending a satellitle truck to Kilgours bar on bloor street around 4 pm tomorrow. So, it'd be great if we can get a habs fan there at that time to do an interview on camera. Please forward me any numbers you may have for guys coming to Toronto. Thanks for all your help!

If you're a Habs' fan going to the game in Toronto Saturday, please send me a PM with an e-mail or phone number. There's a reporter from the CBC that would like to talk to you. Please, only those seriously going to the game and willing to take part contact me.

Thanks!

This actually deserved a topic of it's own... It wasn't about the game itself, but rather to set up the interview with CBC. But whatever, that's done now, don't think they need anyone else.

No wonder I got an error when I tried replying in the other thread......

Here's my take on the game;

I'm at the point where I really don't care...........seriously.

My local OHL team (#6 seed) is playing tomorrow night, vs the Barrie Colts (#1 seed). We've knocked off the #3 Seed Missy (in 5 games) and beat Barrie ingame 1 4-3 in OT.

And looking back at the year the Habs have had...we shouldn't be in this position; when we were good we were really good and when we were bad we were REALLY bad......Just think about all those games that got away from us over the season......1-2 more wins or even points and we wouldn't need this last game.

So I'll go cheer on the Wolves, and when I get home check the scores, if we win fine if we lose fine also, since we've had MANY chances to get into the playoffs..............

Go Wolves Go!

I have no experience with moderating but can someone tell me, why must the threads always be merged. I mean I started a thread specifically asking about how people were spending their nerve-wracked hours before the game and I thought it was a different, humorous, change of pace. Now the question has been lost in one large thread. Really kind of annoys a guy who is trying to contribute original topics to the forum.

What's the big deal with having a few threads that are indirectly related to one topic (The biggest game of the year, that is). Can someone help me understand this?

Really tough to follow this merged thread.

However, i will be watching on CBC (muted). as it's my only option.

Watching with my best friend(also a habs fan).

Breaking out more Canadian Labatts. Hoopefully it will be in celabration, as I am leaving a bachlor party early to watch the game.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!