Habs don't give a hoot about their Hamilton farm team

Tony

Ok so the title isn't my opinion but it's a good way to get attention :P

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/to...p-4572888c.html

I don't think this guy is familiar with Carey Price...or with the fact that Don Lever said many times that Price EARNED his starts. He almost went with Yann Danis for game 5 of the Bulldogs - Americans series in round 1 but Price has been playing fantastic with solid numbers for a kid who was still playing junior hockey not too long ago.

Edit: His article would have made sense a couple in the past couple of seasons when Hamilton wasn't icing the best team (or seemed like it) but the simple fact that he's pointing out Price and Halak in the article is a little bit out there. Good thing Hamilton has quality goaltending depth without both Halak and Price.

Does not matter the article would never have been written if the Moose won both home games.

On the note of the Habs not caring if the Dogs do good well why the hell would they. That franchise exists for the Habs to DEVLOP prospects, the Bulldogs are happy when a player graduates to the NHL ala Lapierre, Halak, Kostitsyn.

What the guy didn't understood is that Halak prooved in the NHL level that he has no business back in the AHL, if the Habs asked Halak to choose from playing for his country or for the club farm he would have chosen to play for his country.

That how it works for European player. They made him happy and he will be back at next training camp confident with a world cup experience.

Anyway sour loser Moose , keep on with your veterans while our youngster will blow you in 4 games.

What the guy didn't understood is that Halak prooved in the NHL level that he has no business back in the AHL, if the Habs asked Halak to choose from playing for his country or for the club farm he would have chosen to play for his country.

That how it works for European player. They made him happy and he will be back at next training camp confident with a world cup experience.

Anyway sour loser Moose , keep on with your veterans while our youngster will blow you in 4 games.

blow you??? :lol:

Does not matter the article would never have been written if the Moose won both home games.

On the note of the Habs not caring if the Dogs do good well why the hell would they. That franchise exists for the Habs to DEVLOP prospects, the Bulldogs are happy when a player graduates to the NHL ala Lapierre, Halak, Kostitsyn.

I totally agree.

What a piece of crap article. His logic is so full of holes I can't even count how many times he contradicts himself. He igores the fact that Yann Danis is on the bench to back up Price. He points out that both the Habs and Nucks have top goalie prospects at the World championships and somehow this shows the Habs don't care about their prospects but the Nucks do?

Is this moron honestly suggesting that the Nucks care more about how the Moose do than how their prospects develop? Um...yep.

Go Dogs! I hope this numnutz eats sour grapes all summer.

Edited by Bullsmith

What the guy didn't understood is that Halak prooved in the NHL level that he has no business back in the AHL.

I was going to make this point, but you already did :D.

Halak finished out the season in the NHL and did very well. In my mind, Halak is going to share the crease with Huet next season, so he's no longer an AHLer. Given that Halak was also the league's best netminder, it was only a matter of time before he was moved up to the NHL.

When a goalie has been facing NHL qualtiy players for the latter part of the season, and has the chance to continue to face NHL shooters at the Worlds, why send him down to the AHL where he'd face a lesser quality of opponents?

Of course, one could argue that Halak isn't even starting for Slovakia, so he should be back in Hamilton getting ice time. However, if he hadn't gone to Russia to at least compete for the starting position, he may have missed out entirely (and you're not about to send a guy to Russia to compete for a starting job and then pull him out if he's relegated to back-up).

Anyway, just my 2 cents. B)

He points out that both the Habs and Nucks have top goalie prospects at the World championships and somehow this shows the Habs don't care about their prospects but the Nucks do?

The difference is that Halak was a star in the AHL but Schneider has no AHL experience. He's comparing Schneider to Price, not Halak. The Habs have a young goalie playing ahead of experinced goalies on the farm, while the Canucks have a young goalie playing in the Worlds.

Even though, his argument is still crap BTH. Schneider is there because he's good and that USA doesn't have any very good goalies for that tournament.

In Canada's case, they'd take Cam Ward, Dwayne Roloson and like 10 other Canadian NHL goalies before Price.

The difference is that Halak was a star in the AHL but Schneider has no AHL experience. He's comparing Schneider to Price, not Halak. The Habs have a young goalie playing ahead of experinced goalies on the farm, while the Canucks have a young goalie playing in the Worlds.

His comparison is bad. Price wasn't invited to the worlds. Schneider and Halak were.

Price is the presumptive starter in Hamilton next year, so that's where he's playing. Halak is the presumptive backukp, so he's at the world's playing against NHL level talent instead of AHL level. Both guys get treated like valuable assets and don't get pitted against each other. Both guys are still playing in May, and at the highest level possible for each of them.

What's to criticize? And how would the Nucks do it differently?

Well put, Bullsmith.

And might I add, where does a columnist in Winterpeg get off criticizing the Habs? Criticize your OWN NHL team ...oh, sorry. :D

SNAP !! :lol: