Hilarious ESPN NHL Draft Day Blog

les_glorieux

Maybe I read too much into the article.

It seemed to me that the author was inferring that Canadians are dumb because of the way we talk, retired hockey players are dumb because of the way they look, NHL fans are dumb because they are NHL fans, Canadian sports journalists are dumb because of the way they report and look.

The fact that the author is an American really doesn't matter.

I didn't read it that way at all. He is spoofing the commercial ineptitude that is the NHL.

This could be true from the little I read, but I never see the PinHeadNetwork cut up the National Felony League.

My spelling just SUCKS!

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Simmons at the Super Bowl media day:

"Tank Johnson tries to pull off the Ray Lewis Memorial "No, Really, You Guys Have It All Wrong, I'm a Nice Guy, I'm a Family Man and I'm Very Religious" Routine. By the way, I took this photo with the zoom feature on my camera -- I was afraid to come within 25 feet of him."

Page 2 spoof headling: "Bengals receiver outruns police horse"

Page 2's team of the year: "With eight arrests in the past 12 months, it's a clear choice for Page 2's team of the year: the Cincinnati Bengals."

ok. I just got through reading this post by the ESPN dude!

and I must say that I was laughing through much of it! As a Canadian if you can't laugh at that blog then you may not be Canadian. Of all people in the world we sure are the best at enjoying a joke, even if it comes at our own expense.

that blog was an expression of how an american see's the humour in our game of hockey and our draft day antics. its does mind you point out many short comings of the american media as well, but thats for another thread.

I will give him kudo's for the hits on the commish and janet! again a little humour never hurt anyone. unless its done with intent to hurt! in which case it only threaten the writer not the reader or the ones being made fun of...