Contest

Peter Puck

Pssh, he used the exact same lines Pat Hickey put in the Gazette that morning. I disqualify him for lack of originality.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamrlik is good defensively, I think they may want him with Brisebois so he can cover for his mistakes, yet have the offensive ability to play with him on offence. I'd much rather Brisebois with Hamrlik than Brisebois on a third pairing with Bouillon, Dandenault or Gorges - they'd get killed.

Okay, if you have a guy as a 4th defenseman just so his mistakes get covered then there is a huge problem!

Breez-by is the worst Dman on our team, but Carbo loves him because they were Teamates back in the day.

BG WAKE UP AND SEND BREEZ-BY DOWN!! O'Byrne would have learned more with Hammer rather than a guy who is garbage and who is HOPEFULLY retiring next year (PLEASE RETIRE! :wall:)

We are in the final stage of rebuilding and bringing in a 36 year old who can hardly play is just ridiculus. Make room for the youth (O'Byrne, Jean Cote, and hopefully soon McDonagh).

Enough picking on Brisebois...

On to Murray. WHY In the hell did he make it instead of Lapirre:?- :?-

Once again, were in a rebuilding stage and need to make room for youth like Lapirre and others.

Edited by MMPL

I would also rather have O'Byrne in that spot but Brisebois is better there than any of our other d-men would be, aside for Streit who strengthens our bottom pairing. Murray made it over Lapierre because Lapierre can clear waivers so we get to keep all our players. Also, he can get top minutes on the farm and he is still improving so he'll learn more on the farm team than he would being our 13th forward on the pro team. Yes, we are rebuilding, that is exactly why we have to be careful with the development of our prospects.

Pssh, he used the exact same lines Pat Hickey put in the Gazette that morning. I disqualify him for lack of originality.

My investigation indicates that Hickey probably copies Macaskill. The possibility that "Pat Hickey" is his username on some other board (the so-called the "Gazette") is still not settled.

My investigation indicates that Hickey probably copies Macaskill. The possibility that "Pat Hickey" is his username on some other board (the so-called the "Gazette") is still not settled.

LOL. Brilliant Peter Puck. Thanks for the humour :clap: :clap:

I would also rather have O'Byrne in that spot but Brisebois is better there than any of our other d-men would be, aside for Streit who strengthens our bottom pairing. Murray made it over Lapierre because Lapierre can clear waivers so we get to keep all our players. Also, he can get top minutes on the farm and he is still improving so he'll learn more on the farm team than he would being our 13th forward on the pro team. Yes, we are rebuilding, that is exactly why we have to be careful with the development of our prospects.

I love your insight and you have tons of smarts on habs realated things but sorry BTH,

I totally disagree with you on that one.

WTF IS BRISEBOIS ACTUALLY OUR #4 DEFENSEMAN?

I wouldn't say that yet. He's Hamrlik's D partner, but I think Streit will get more special teams ice time than him... if that's the case, I think Streit really qualifies as our #4 d-man.

Breezer will likely be on the 2nd unit PP, 2nd D pairing 5 on 5, and possibly no to minimal PK time.

Right, but Streit will be on the #3 pairing, with possibly #1 PP time. However, I don't think he'll be getting PK time either.

So Brisebois will probably start out playing more than Streit, as the season progresses, probably not since Brisebois' body can't handle playing more than 15 or so minutes.