Crosby?

Soccerox

He's still on his rookie contract, he's making as much as he can. Plus, the kid already has a 5 year 45ish million dollar extension signed that takes effect after this season. Plus he's making tons of money in endorsements, I've even seen him in commercials down here in the states. Even at 850,000 for this season, there's no reason to cry for Sidney Crosby. The kid is rich.

Sorry folks, I am not here to talk about Bing Crosby, nor Bill Crosby. The kid is the topic here. Howe can this guy still only be making 850 K per year? I doan get tit. Its snot right.

He signed a massive extension his cap hit is now 3.7 million.

He will make 850 for the rest of this season but that was the rookie max when he signed, dont forget about his insentives as well.

Crosby makes money based on rookie bonuses from his entry deal (Ovechkin made 3 500 000$ on bonus money last season).

Not to mention, Crosby had a multi-million dollar sponsorship contract from Gatorade when he was playing in the junior leagues.

He's still on his rookie contract, he's making as much as he can. Plus, the kid already has a 5 year 45ish million dollar extension signed that takes effect after this season. Plus he's making tons of money in endorsements, I've even seen him in commercials down here in the states. Even at 850,000 for this season, there's no reason to cry for Sidney Crosby. The kid is rich.

Fanpuck33 he is not even close to being as wealthy as you!!! :lol: $45 million is nothing.................

I don't like how Crosby is praised for taking only 8.7M per season while Heatley signs for 7.5, Thornton for 7.2 and Iginla for 7M. The difference between Crosby and the rest of the elite is not so huge.

I don't like how Crosby is praised for taking only 8.7M per season while Heatley signs for 7.5, Thornton for 7.2 and Iginla for 7M. The difference between Crosby and the rest of the elite is not so huge.

So is 1,2 millions in this business... Basing on 2006-2007 stats, Crosby makes 72500$ per point, while Heatley makes 71400...

So is 1,2 millions in this business... Basing on 2006-2007 stats, Crosby makes 72500$ per point, while Heatley makes 71400...

Contracts are all negotiated in accordance with the market. I see no reason why no one else should be even be paid close to the amount that Crosby is making.

Contracts are all negotiated in accordance with the market. I see no reason why no one else should be even be paid close to the amount that Crosby is making.

Well he did sign before he was a UFA a few years before infact so he would have less barginaging power.

Although I guess you could say he would get a tone of RFA offer sheets.