The PQ should sue QVC

Pierre the Great

this is not copyright infringement.

firstly: these are not really copyrightable works, these are trademarks. Copyrights are for creative works, trademarks are for marks used to identify firms and organizations which trade on goods and services.

Even if they were copyrighted works, they are sufficiently simple that infringement would be very difficult to prove because of the likelihood of independent creation.

does QVC operate in Canada? I actually have no idea. If not, then there is really no source confusion issue about the symbols. Beyond that, I'm not sure the marks are sufficiently similar so as to create a trademark issue.

I didn't even have to look at the thread author, I knew it was a PTG thread just from the title. :)

Same here, I think we might be able to make a new drinking game! Ignore the lounge for a week or so, cover up half the screen, and take a shot for every PTG thread you predict correctly!

P.S. Aside from the fact they are both big letter "Q"s, they really don't look anything alike. You'd have to be drunk to get them confused. One has a big old green triangle and the other doesn't. One has the mark differentiating it from a circle that extends into the character and the other just folds over to the outside. One has "QVC" in the middle, and the other doesn't. One is light blue, the other is blue and green. Does that about cover all the differences?

ack, found another eerily similar logo ~ fuggin lawyers gonna have a field day !

Why, pray tell? There's only allowed to be one company with a logo that looks like a letter "Q"? That's the only thing these things have in common!!!! Are the Reds and Cubs gonna start suing each other because both use the letter "C" as their logo? Of course not! Are Norfolk and Milwaukee gonna sue each other because they have the same team name? Of course not.

This has got to be one of the silliest threads ever.

Why, pray tell? There's only allowed to be one company with a logo that looks like a letter "Q"? That's the only thing these things have in common!!!! Are the Reds and Cubs gonna start suing each other because both use the letter "C" as their logo? Of course not! Are Norfolk and Milwaukee gonna sue each other because they have the same team name? Of course not.

This has got to be one of the silliest threads ever.

Reds and Cubs? No. Reds and Chicago Bears? Yes.

dtqn8cbcgr5fc8jehjdd.gif

364.gif