The official press conference of the return of PTG from a long trip.

JoeLassister

Hi ladies and gentlemen, you know, last week or so, the lounge's been boring in so many ways without PTG.

We have now the chance to get him with us to answer some crucial questions.

So, how was your trip Pierre ?

Any shocking news ?

Stephen Harper declared that you, PTG, were one of bigger internal threats for the peace in Canada. What are your comments about that ?

What about Iowa election ?

Have you been attacked during your trip by some angry americans ?

How did they take the fact that you moved from US to Canada ?

Anything else from your part ?

Ok that's it everybody, thanks to you and to PTG for these clarifications. Now get back to the normal lounge.

He did get attacked but it wasn't Americans. They were squirrels.

Hi ladies and gentlemen, you know, last week or so, the lounge's been boring in so many ways without PTG.

We have now the chance to get him with us to answer some crucial questions.

So, how was your trip Pierre ?

The trip was awesome! Simply the greatest trip I've ever done. I'll give grades later on places later. Also saw Denver, Salt Lake City and Seattle.

Stephen Harper declared that you, PTG, were one of bigger internal threats for the peace in Canada. What are your comments about that ?

Over the break Stephen Harper said he doesn't understand the canadian public, so he's the bigger threat to Canada. If he doesn't understand Canada and its people, he has no business being the prime minister.

What about Iowa election ?

I predicted Obama. I knew it was going to happen.

Have you been attacked during your trip by some angry americans ?

No. Except for aggressive homeless people in Seattle, the only shock factor I got was once I crossed the border into Surrey, everyone was staring at my missouri plates. lol

They probably didn't know where missouri was.

The only thing that attacked me was tumbleweed in Idaho.

The ferry ride was crazy though, it was like rocking on a rocking chair. took 3hrs.

How did they take the fact that you moved from US to Canada ?

Didn't talk to the locals, only the canadian border guard got confused when I said I lived in Nanaimo going to school but everyone (in the car) went to my house in missouri to drive back.

And I avoided conflict in republican land by listening to the underground radio stations in Denver and Seattle (air america).

Anymore questions?

Time for grades

(please if you live in Denver don't get mad at what i say)

Cities

Kansas City C (don't like it, never have

Denver HUGE FREAKING DISAPPOINTMENT D+

Denver is trying to be something it isn't. Its a failed experiment in Vancouverism. What is the city trying to do in SoDo? A Vancouver? The mall is something left to be desired. Stop trying to be something its not. Its an archaic city, dominated by the outdated internal combustion engine. Its not "pretty" like the city i'm about to talk about. Huge disappointment.

Salt Lake City B/B+

Get past the mormons this is a very well designed small city. Public transportation is good and unlike Denver, Salt Lake's downtown outdoor mall is well defined and fits that city perfectly. Its not cluttered and the views are amazing. Downsides is the aforementioned mormons who are more or less not party people so night life isn't good. Utah is strange in that alcohol isn't as strong there. whatever. Great "little city" that does not try to be something it isn't.

Seattle B+/A-

Great city if you take it in as a defined metropolitain area. The houses are great, well defined neighbourhoods. Downside is the downtown, its still a typical american downtown with no condos and not a walkable place at night. The vancouver vs. seattle feud ends at the downtown. You will not walk around downtown at 1am and feel safe in Seattle. Its too american.

Seattle desperately needs a viable public transportation system, right now it has nothing. Homeless is an epidemic, 3x as many homeless as in Vancouver. No direction from city hall, which is typical of all american cities outside of a few exception. That said for an american citizen who doesn't want to live outside the country, Seattle is the best place to live its up there with Boston and San Fransisco in the "medium to large" cities category. Its still 20 years behind Vancouver though.

Time for grades

(please if you live in Denver don't get mad at what i say)

Cities

Kansas City C (don't like it, never have

Denver HUGE FREAKING DISAPPOINTMENT D+

Denver is trying to be something it isn't. Its a failed experiment in Vancouverism. What is the city trying to do in SoDo? A Vancouver? The mall is something left to be desired. Stop trying to be something its not. Its an archaic city, dominated by the outdated internal combustion engine. Its not "pretty" like the city i'm about to talk about. Huge disappointment.

Salt Lake City B/B+

Get past the mormons this is a very well designed small city. Public transportation is good and unlike Denver, Salt Lake's downtown outdoor mall is well defined and fits that city perfectly. Its not cluttered and the views are amazing. Downsides is the aforementioned mormons who are more or less not party people so night life isn't good. Utah is strange in that alcohol isn't as strong there. whatever. Great "little city" that does not try to be something it isn't.

Seattle B+/A-

Great city if you take it in as a defined metropolitain area. The houses are great, well defined neighbourhoods. Downside is the downtown, its still a typical american downtown with no condos and not a walkable place at night. The vancouver vs. seattle feud ends at the downtown. You will not walk around downtown at 1am and feel safe in Seattle. Its too american.

Seattle desperately needs a viable public transportation system, right now it has nothing. Homeless is an epidemic, 3x as many homeless as in Vancouver. No direction from city hall, which is typical of all american cities outside of a few exception. That said for an american citizen who doesn't want to live outside the country, Seattle is the best place to live its up there with Boston and San Fransisco in the "medium to large" cities category. Its still 20 years behind Vancouver though.

Yea, Seattle is very nice. Been there a few times and it's a great place to visit. Nothing like Vancouver though.... ^_^

Good to know you had fun and didn't get attacked by squirrels. :clap:

I have a question, What's a muppet?...and...two questions. Two questions. How do they get the Caramilk inside the Caramilk bar?

:lol:

It's a term that the Brits use to make fun of people. Basically a stupid/weak person. I'm sure you already knew this. ;)

Unless, you think it's those puppets! :o In that case, I just taught you something!