Montreal Canadiens hire Frank Jay as a scout.

Wow, thats great news.

The Sens have been drafting well for years. Its brilliant to snag a proven scout when they leave 1 of the Habs rivals.

This will hurt the Sens but I dont know if it will help the Habs. As long as the Habs keep drafting the best player at that draft position the Habs will always have the same hole to fill.

The habs have a serious need now for a large F or C now for over a decade. Everyone keeps saying trade for 1 but how long does it take to make a trade happen? Not to mention you to find someone willing to trade away what we need and that we would have to give up quality players to get it. Nobody wants to help another team win the Cup and wouldnt want to loose the trade so Habs would have to give up a lot more than they get back in return.

If the Habs stopped dreaming of the perfect trade and just drafted what they desperately need then they wouldnt be desperate anymore because they would have developed their own over the last decade.

I like to see us drafting big character players instead of enigmatic quick russian... (we already have our fare share of these and I love them... but I don't want the Canadiens to turn into the Russians... ya know :P)

Exactly. The Habs have an abundance of 6' 200 lbs Euros. A Zednick by any other name is still a Zednick. The Habs need a large rough and tumble North American F or C.

Habs have Markov, Hamrlik signed long term (4-5 yrs), and Komi will be too. Habs better not draft anymore D. The Habs dont need anymore.

Wow, thats great news.

The Sens have been drafting well for years. Its brilliant to snag a proven scout when they leave 1 of the Habs rivals.

This will hurt the Sens but I dont know if it will help the Habs. As long as the Habs keep drafting the best player at that draft position the Habs will always have the same hole to fill.

The habs have a serious need now for a large F or C now for over a decade. Everyone keeps saying trade for 1 but how long does it take to make a trade happen? Not to mention you to find someone willing to trade away what we need and that we would have to give up quality players to get it. Nobody wants to help another team win the Cup and wouldnt want to loose the trade so Habs would have to give up a lot more than they get back in return.

If the Habs stopped dreaming of the perfect trade and just drafted what they desperately need then they wouldnt be desperate anymore because they would have developed their own over the last decade.

Exactly. The Habs have an abundance of 6' 200 lbs Euros. A Zednick by any other name is still a Zednick. The Habs need a large rough and tumble North American F or C.

Habs have Markov, Hamrlik signed long term (4-5 yrs), and Komi will be too. Habs better not draft anymore D. The Habs dont need anymore.

They have Latendresse and Pacciorety, but will probably target another organizational deficiency in the next draft.