Report: Quintal done with habs...

puck7x

Thing is Q doesn't want to be a seventh d-man even if he wasn't much more. He was a classy guy but his season-ending whining was a bit... well, it wasn't really helping him out. There's too much youth hanging around to have an older such as Quintal standing in the way.

Oh, and I think it was $500, 000. We paid a third, the Hawks paid a third, and the Rags paid a third.

Originally posted by Spider-Man NL

I have faith in Gainey. This move well make room for Hainsey.

Only if the Habs flop him to the right side, which I think is doubtful. With Quintal out, that leaves Brisebois and Komisarek currently the only RD on the roster. Still have Souray, Markov, Rivet, and Bouillon on LD, and Hainsey on the outside looking in, still.

And the Habs may have split his salary, but he did make 1.5M last season. I wouldn't think he'd take a $1M pay cut to keep playing, although I wouldn't want him back anyway.

Originally posted by huzer
Originally posted by Spider-Man NL

I have faith in Gainey. This move well make room for Hainsey.

Only if the Habs flop him to the right side, which I think is doubtful. With Quintal out, that leaves Brisebois and Komisarek currently the only RD on the roster. Still have Souray, Markov, Rivet, and Bouillon on LD, and Hainsey on the outside looking in, still.

And the Habs may have split his salary, but he did make 1.5M last season. I wouldn't think he'd take a $1M pay cut to keep playing, although I wouldn't want him back anyway.

Rivet is on the right side. Hainsey can play on the right as well. He did it this year when paired with Beauchemin.

I'd say our D will be

Markov Rivet

Souray Komisarek

Bouillon Brisebois

Leaving Hainsey, Beauchemin and Dykhuis to fight for the 7th spot.

:hlogo:

Quintal leaving doesnt really change much from the D we finished the playoffs with, Quintal was injured and we went with...

Markov - Rivet

Souray - Komisarek

Bouillon - Brisebois

Now it opens up a spot for Beauch or Hainsey, or a UFA/Trade (my choice) to bump Bouillon to the #7.

HW's blurb on Quintal : http://www.habsworld.net/show_big_news.php?id=608

[Edited on 2004-6-23 by puck7x]

Forget Hainey or Beauchemin, we need to bring a big vet like Salei on the left side... and Bouillon slides into #7 spot.

Breezer will sign an extension at a major discount from his present deal, end his career here.

Rivet is the one with 3 years left on his deal and he sucks, if we could find any team dumb enough to take him I'd make the deal.

O'Byrne can't get here soon enough.

[Edited on 24-6-04 by Habs77]