Avs Will Not Bring Back Quenneville

jetsniper

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOD!

So exciting. I was going to post it the other day but there was tidbits that Giguere went to the World Championships to "scout" Pat Burns. :D

OH MY GOD!

So exciting. I was going to post it the other day but there was tidbits that Giguere went to the World Championships to "scout" Pat Burns. :D

I was browsing HF the other day (or it might've been the Avs official site, I don't remember) and someone mentioned the possibility of hiring Tortorella if Tampa fired him and I kind of liked it. A taskmaster is exactly what the Avs need behind the bench, I only worry what Torts would do to Boods.

I was browsing HF the other day (or it might've been the Avs official site, I don't remember) and someone mentioned the possibility of hiring Tortorella if Tampa fired him and I kind of liked it. A taskmaster is exactly what the Avs need behind the bench, I only worry what Torts would do to Boods.

There's many aspects in which Torts brings that I really like. However, at the same time he has some issues that worries me. He's the kind of coach that can really piss off a few players and make them want to leave and you've hinted at the goalie position. Unless we have a guy that can play consistent goaltending, our goaltenders could be in trouble. Tampa's youth movement is horrible as well so it's really hard to gauge that the few players they do bring up are hurt by how he utilizes them. I don't want him come in and destroy our young players confidence. Young guys like Wolski for example. Don't get me wrong, I still think he has all the credentials in being a solid coach in this game, and especially in Colorado. We just have to hope most things go in the right direction if indeed he is brought in.

I don't know if that made any sense. :unsure:

Oh yeah, another rumor I read (from some newspaper rumor mill) was that the Avs are considering offering Ray Bourque or Patrick Roy the coaching gig.

Patrick would rule, he'd have Peter "Badass" Budaj kicking ass and taking names all over the NHL.

Oh yeah, another rumor I read (from some newspaper rumor mill) was that the Avs are considering offering Ray Bourque or Patrick Roy the coaching gig.

Patrick would rule, he'd have Peter "Badass" Budaj kicking ass and taking names all over the NHL.

Roy's nuts but I seriously wouldn't be worried if we brought him up. He feels "safer" than Torts for some reason.

Ray Bourque would be...... interesting.

Is that Lemaire?

Keep ugly trap hockey away from my team.

:lol:

Yea, I drew it as a jinx against the Wild during the series. Should have done Babcock too......

BTW, I must say how much I like Lemaire's hat. :D

Anyways....

BaRrY mElRoSe says Q will be going to the Lauffs and that he's giving Tony Granato the vote of confidence. :help:

Q coaching the Leafs is so wrong in so many ways.

It's a perfect fit.

Of course.

OMG!! THE AVS JUST HIRED BARRY MELROSE AS THE NEW COACH!! :o

:angry:

I forgot to add that Bobby Mac shot down the Roy scenario but I'm sure you already know that.

On the topic of being random, we should put together a package to move up in the draft and nab Zach Bogosian. He'd look awesome in Avs colors. *drools*

Edited by Captain_Stealth

This is just plain weird. Pat Burns is rumoured to be the next Canucks coach as per CBC.

:unsure:

you guys are Wrong. Giguere will hire Bob Hartley since he loves old Avs so much !!

Q's a good coach. Not his fault he had only good for the first round Theodore

You've obviously never watched the Avs. There is so much wrong with him that this was inevitable for months now.

Anyone see Grapes open his fat yap about Giggy?

He said he was disgusted Q was let go, that Giggy is a bad man and that the hockey gods will punish the franchise for years to come.

Hey Grapes, maybe if you watched a team other then Boston or Toronto for the past god knows when, you'd know this was coming long before the season even started. Now go eat some Quiznos or Cold-FX or whatever the hell you promote and shut the f*ck up. Dammit, I usually don't mind anything he says but this one really did me in. Quenneville's the kind of guy you hire when you want to turn things around but he is NOT a coach that is going to get you a Stanley Cup. He bungled a lot of great St.Louis teams as well.

Oh yeah, Cherry also said he's going to look at who we hire next and that he's gonna keep track of the new coach. And then something about how he hopes this blows up in our face.

I used to be neutral on Cherry but now f*ck it, he can piss off.

Anyone see Grapes open his fat yap about Giggy?

He said he was disgusted Q was let go, that Giggy is a bad man and that the hockey gods will punish the franchise for years to come.

Hey Grapes, maybe if you watched a team other then Boston or Toronto for the past god knows when, you'd know this was coming long before the season even started. Now go eat some Quiznos or Cold-FX or whatever the hell you promote and shut the f*ck up. Dammit, I usually don't mind anything he says but this one really did me in. Quenneville's the kind of guy you hire when you want to turn things around but he is NOT a coach that is going to get you a Stanley Cup. He bungled a lot of great St.Louis teams as well.

Oh yeah, Cherry also said he's going to look at who we hire next and that he's gonna keep track of the new coach. And then something about how he hopes this blows up in our face.

I used to be neutral on Cherry but now f*ck it, he can piss off.

I may sound stupid for asking this but...... who the heck is Grapes? :unsure:

Prepare to feel really stupid...

*drumroll*

It's Don Cherry

Ah... makes sense. I didn't read your post to be honest. I just saw Don Cherry at the bottom and Grapes at the top. Looking back now I see the term "also said".

Forgive me.

Candidates according to Rocky Mountain News:

Pat Burns

Kevin Dineen

Joe Sacco

Tony Granato

Patrick Roy

Roy has told The Denver Post that he is interested in coaching the Avalanche.

I'd be pretty happy with Burns, Dineen or Roy.

Candidates according to Rocky Mountain News:

Pat Burns

Kevin Dineen

Joe Sacco

Tony Granato

Patrick Roy

Roy has told The Denver Post that he is interested in coaching the Avalanche.

I'd be pretty happy with Burns, Dineen or Roy.

Dineen is the guy I want. Roy would be interesting. Burns is obvious. Cunneyworth is another guy I wouldn't mind.