Leafs Have Found Their New Coach

jetsniper

He's the best coach they can possibly get but he isn't really the right choice for them right now. They are apparently going to rebuild which means that Wilson's job status will be in question in a couple of years. I don't blame them for getting him but it really is a waste. If anything, it "worries" me that the Leafs are going to try and compete this year.

The theory is that he's old buddies with Brian Burke, and that hiring him is all part of the ongoing dance of seduction between the Leafs and Anaheim's current GM, in anticipation of Burke's contract expiring next season. So they hired the coach Burke *would have* hired and who he'll fully support once he arrives.

See? It's simple as pie. :lol:

Doesn't matter what they do. They could have hired Scotty Bowman to be the coach and still have failed.

Edited by Captain_Stealth

The leafs are going to need more than a coach to help them win....

They need a telethon ^_^

The leafs are going to need more than a coach to help them win....

They need a telethon ^_^

they have one every *&?& saturday night that we're forced to watch.

Coates + wilson = Burke which = Stanley Cup. :puke: :puke: :puke:

Leaf fans are gluttons for punishment. Petty rules the roost and will mess up any chance at good management. Not sure how many Leaf fans read these posts, but they should really look at another hockey club to cheer for. The Leaf organization is the worst in pro sports even though they just made two good hirings.

In the 70's when Habs were winning and Leaf media was 1/100th of what it is today; Leafs were a franchise that was close except for some thing called Ballard. Now he lives on in Petty....

Poor Leafy fans, I would almost feel sorry for them if they were not such arrogant snots and their media not so biased.

But that is just me. ^_^

The Fan in Toronto was saying that Burke and Coates didn't really get along, and Coates' contract in Anaheim was not going to be renewed. Coates is there apparently because of his friendship with Fletcher, not Burke. Curious move if Burke is really their target. On the other hand, maybe this is Fletch's way of making himself comfortable, and HE wants the job permanently. :lol:

I can't wait for the next episode...

The Fan in Toronto was saying that Burke and Coates didn't really get along, and Coates' contract in Anaheim was not going to be renewed. Coates is there apparently because of his friendship with Fletcher, not Burke. Curious move if Burke is really their target. On the other hand, maybe this is Fletch's way of making himself comfortable, and HE wants the job permanently. :lol:

I can't wait for the next episode...

Found a good read on Leaf futility. I really don't see much changing: Leaf Link

If one really wants a portrait of why the Leafs have been so mediocre for the past 40 years, remember those famous words from the franchise's most successful general manager over those four decades.

"Draft shmaft."

Found a good read on Leaf futility. I really don't see much changing: Leaf Link

If one really wants a portrait of why the Leafs have been so mediocre for the past 40 years, remember those famous words from the franchise's most successful general manager over those four decades.

"Draft shmaft."

Here are those 19 players in chronological order: Luke Richardson, Scott Pearson, Scott Thornton, Rob Pearson, Steve Bancroft, Drake Berehowsky, Brandon Convery, Grant Marshall, Kenny Jonsson, Landon Wilson, Eric Fichaud, Jeff Ware, Nik Antropov, Luca Cereda, Brad Boyes, Carlo Colaiacovo, Alex Steen, Tuukka Rask and Jiri Tlusty

...wow

It will only continue at this year's draft. ^_^

I dont think even they can screw up this draft. Too many good players to get it wrong. But then again they have "Draft Smaft" drafting for them so maybe they will trade the pick with a roster player to get a bonafide Ontarian over the hill star looking to retire at the cottage next season. :lol:

I gotta give Fletcher credit, he made Risebrough look like a punk with that Gilmour trade. THN named it the franchise's worst moment ever. The older Flames fans STILL bemoan that deal even though Gilmour has retired now.