HW Mock Draft - We want your input!

dlbalr

This year, we’re going to do something new for the HW Mock Draft, we want your input as well as those of our writers. We would like to have a few forum members (who don’t regularly work for the site) to join some of our writers in a conference next week to discuss the draft and break down the first round.

The conference will be held Monday, June 9th at approximately 7:30 PM EST.

Volunteers must have access to Yahoo Instant Messenger (as this is the one program all of the HW writers have access to), and be willing to dedicate at least 3-5 hours to the project (the discussion + any correspondence afterwards.)

We welcome everyone interested to volunteer; however, unfortunately, we can’t pick everybody. Those selected will be contacted by PM no later than 9 PM EST on Friday (6th.) The participating HW writers will select the forum members. We ask that all interested participants reply in this thread and not PM either myself, or other moderators.

I would volunteer only if there's no one else. I don't know as much about this year's draft as I did going into the past two.

I don't proclaim any particular expertise, but I suppose I could help provide some insight into the WHL players, particularily the ones playing in Saskatchewan. I have one draft guide readily available (Hockey News) and I could find a couple more to help out.

Monday at 5:30 local.... I should be able to make that.

I'd be happy to join you guys.

I dont have yim but I'll be happy to install it upon acceptance.

I'd be happy to join you guys.

I dont have yim but I'll be happy to install it upon acceptance.

I thought I used to have you on YIM when you were briefly in HWL?

Yeah !! as soon as my computer will be fixed or changed I'll re-apply on hwl. I close yim because I only used it for hwl.

you can catch me on msn anytime

If you don't wanna use YIM just go to www.meebo.com

so I can just chat with whom ever on whatever instant messenger ??

Indeed, you can log on YIM, MSN and the other 2. You don't need to make a meebo account.

Edit: Just a quick heads up about meebo. if you go to a school that blocks logging from MSN online (i.e.: webmessenger, e-buddy, e-messenger, etc), odds are they didn't block meebo since it's not really known.

Indeed, you can log on YIM, MSN and the other 2. You don't need to make a meebo account.

Edit: Just a quick heads up about meebo. if you go to a school that blocks logging from MSN online (i.e.: webmessenger, e-buddy, e-messenger, etc), odds are they didn't block meebo since it's not really known.

yeah but meebo keeps on crashing and crashing and crashing and crashing ON HWL DRAFT DAY :wall:

I'm back on YIM

oddly enough I have a Bulis_the_Habbie in my contacts.

who in own mind would pick bulis as their favourite Habs ?? sheesh !! :wacko:

Well, I have to say I had fun participating in this mock draft. The discussions were good, and most selections were arrived at in a reasonable fashion. Of course, outside of Stamkos, there were few unanimous picks.

I hope that the HW mock draft will become an annual event.

I hope that the HW mock draft will become an annual event.

Me too, I had a blast !!

never though picking for the oilers was so tough :lol:

I'm back on YIM

oddly enough I have a Bulis_the_Habbie in my contacts.

who in own mind would pick bulis as their favourite Habs ?? sheesh !! :wacko:

hehe.. I used to like him in his, I think, second season with us. Laugh all you want but I bet none of you have ever had the opportunity to gloat about your favourite player scoring 4 goals in a game. :clap:

The irony there was that those 4 goals in one night counted for 20% of the entire amount of goals he had that season. :P

Yeah, and I missed that game as well, I could only watch the highlights. lol

hehe.. I used to like him in his, I think, second season with us. Laugh all you want but I bet none of you have ever had the opportunity to gloat about your favourite player scoring 4 goals in a game. :clap:

I don't think that both of the players in my name can score 4 goals together in a week

The irony there was that those 4 goals in one night counted for 20% of the entire amount of goals he had that season. :P

I remember that game..he wasn't even supposed to play !!