Your favourite piece of memorabilia

Toren

Well, I'm sure most of you have a sizeable collection of hockey and habs memorabilia.

So I ask the question, which one is your favourite and why?

My collection started off small, but it's slowly taken over three shelves in my room and is growing quickly.

My favourite piece has to be my Guy Lafleur autographed photo. Guy was in town doing a promotional for some medical condition, and was signing autographs in my little city of Victoria. Of course, I had no idea this was going to happen, and I worked that day. So I get home, check my voicemail and my MSN, and see about 10 different messages on Guy going to the mall and signing autographs. Needless to say I was really bummed.

So I decided to spend a night out with the boys, who are all big Canucks fans, and two of which went to get a Lafleur autograph because...well, it's Guy! Who wouldn't?!

As we're about to call it a night, my buddy Steve pulls out a glossy 4x6 of Guy with the words "To Josh: Best wishes, (signed by Mr. Lafleur)". Man, I beamed for a good month or so. When they were getting theirs signed, they picked up an extra photo for me and asked Guy to sign it for the biggest habs fan in Victoria ;)

And as far as the biggest habs fan in Victoria goes, that's actually my uncle. He won a contest in the local paper and got free tickets to a Canadiens game in Vancouver, where he actually got to meet the coach at the time (Pretty sure it was Tremblay, but it could have been Vigneault) outside of his hotel. After he showed him his habs tattoo and told the guy that he won a contest for biggest habs fan, Tremblay brought down most of the team to introduce them. He's got a habs tatoo, a room full of Habs stuff, and a little son with the first and middle names as Patrick Roy (seems like a bad idea now). But, the torch will be passed on to me, because as big of a habs fan he is, I still scream louder when they score ;)

Anyways

*/rant*

I don't have any autographed stuff :( .... YET... lol... ive got a couple card/plaques u can buy....

for favorite... I'd have to say my Vintage Jerseys. My Dad managed to get both of them last year. I prefer the white one.... (I have all 4 habs jerseys... lol)

Ouuu my Zednik bobble head :D :D... and Jean Beliveau

(my best friend happens to have a autographed jersey of Jose Theodore... and he doesnt even watch hockey :o.. the horror... lol)

I don't really have any Habs memorabilia. The only thing I have is an autographed Jean Beliveau picture my dad got for me once when he did a signing a Toys R Us.

I was at a friend's house when the signing occured, I was surprised it wasn't even advertised.

Now that I think about it, I went to the innauguration of some municipal arena that was now called the "Martin Brodeur Arene". Nothing special. Martin was there, shaked everyones hand and thanked each person for coming. They were handing out a picture of him that was signed (well he signed it once and they made photocopies and gave it to each person).

It was alright. You can get way better memorobilia if you show up to his parent's house. His dad is so generous, he hands out cards and posters signed by Martin. Same goes for Jocelyn Thibault. I haven't done that because it might be weird just showing up at their houses but I have friends who have did so.

Hi all, I'm a new poster, but I've been reading this board for a few months now. Finally had the time to register and introduce myself. Anyways, well met fellow habs fans :/) Not many fans here in Toledo Ohio to relate with... sadly.

Anyways, I have a pretty decent collection of habs stuff, my favorite is an actual practice jersey, signed by the ENTIRE 2001 roster. It's my favorite because... well... it's signed by the entire roster :) I also have a signed Theodore rookie card, and a few pucks signed by Jean Beliveau. Tons of other unsigned stuff too. It's quite a neat collection.

Anyways, well met everyone, and im just hopin for some hockey this year!

:ghg:

I've got a Habs sweater signed by Maurice Richard, Henri Richard, Cournoyer. Probably my favourite.

I would've liked to add Beliveau's and Lafleur's to the sweater...but probably won't happen.

I've got some hockey cards, signed pucks and signed photo's as well. My hockey card collection covers mostly the few years before upper deck and their ilk got into the game. Brett Hull, Patrick Roy, Sakic, and those rookie years. Basically, 86-92...

I haven't even looked at my collection of stuff in years...lol.

[Edited on 2004/8/13 by Zowpeb]

Originally posted by Displaced Bacon

Not many fans here in Toledo Ohio to relate with... sadly.

Hey, I'm not the only Habs fan in Ohio!

I have some classic Habs magazines, like a 1984 yearbook and also a 1993-1994 yearbook. My prize is the jersey I just got during the playoffs, but it needs a number

The best Habs item I've had I gave to my father, a Maurice Richard autographed puck.

[Edited on 8-14-04 by Fanpuck33]

My Hockey Sweater (it's personalized & #1, with a C, after I won a bet with a cousin who is a leaf fan the deal was who would finish better back in the 90's, well, we end up winning the cup that yaer....whooo hooo). I have the Hockey Sweater film (based on the childrens book by Roch Carrier) taped onto a VHS cassette for 16 years now. I've got another cousin that has a signed Richard #9 jersey, and refuses to sell it to me though. This past season I purchased a huge Canadiens flag, when we were down 3-1 vs. Boston in the playoffs, I attatched it to my car on a tall flag pole and terrorized the streets of Oakville, ON the rest of the playoff campaign.....my wife refused to ride in the car with me unless I take down the flag, I said "no can do", and we came back to beat the bruins.

[Edited on 2004/8/15 by dinamo]

I have a load of hockey memorabilia [habs stuff included] so it's hard to pick just one.

If my house was on fire and I could only grab a few things I would take all my Maurice Richard autographs. I have 5 total, a card, photo, puck, hat and jersey all signed in person at various times through the 90's. Although my jersey would be safe, my dad has had it displayed behind his bar for the last 2 years and he always finds new and creative excuses to leave it there. :lol:

I've always been wondering how long it would be before some dumb ###### joined the forum just to bash the Habs....Well wait no longer...Misos Milakos to the rescue! hahaha..

What a loser..........

Heres to Milakos

:-^

Everyone bash Milakos with a :-^

Originally posted by Misos Milakos

who's bashing, no bashing has taken place...lets face it the habs jersey has never looked better then it does after the cleaning it gives my rear end... me, my ass, and that jersey have a special bound...i listed it as my fav which is what the subject is for..

other then that ive been nothing but the most objective one on the site, which is a breath of fresh air around here if I dont say so myself. so please dont get your panties in a bunch because someone doesn't give habs undeserved praise like you so willingly do.

[Edited on 2004/8/25 by Misos Milakos]

Oh boy, we have a little leaf fan here. Must have stumbled into the wrong area when looking for some cock to suck.

I'm sorry leaf cocksucker, tha fag lounge is somewhere else.

:-^:-^:-^:-^:-^:-^:-^:-^:-^:-^:-^:-^:-^:-^:-^:-^:-^:-^

My favourite piece of memorabilia...an autographed Larry Robinson game (unfortunately not game worn) jersey from about 1979. Larry must not have worn much equipment back in the 70's 'cause the thing is a size 48.

• 2 weeks later...

As of right now, my autographed Lyle Odelein puck. I was super sad the day he was traded away.

I have a large collecting though, and it's getting bigger and bigger and bigger. I've staretd to build a webpage for it but nothing that is online as of yet.

Originally posted by Habs13

As of right now, my autographed Lyle Odelein puck. I was super sad the day he was traded away.

I loved Odelein as well. My favorite Oddie moment was in Detriot. Some bonehead fans threw an octopus on the ice and Lyle picked it up with his hockey glove on and put it in the pail that the Redwing staff was brining to clean it up.

Next scrum after the whistle he uses the same glove to facewash a player that was involved in the mix.

I would expect nothing less from him.:clap:

Originally posted by Habitforming
Originally posted by Habs13

I loved Odelein as well. My favorite Oddie moment was in Detriot. Some bonehead fans threw an octopus on the ice and Lyle picked it up with his hockey glove on and put it in the pail that the Redwing staff was brining to clean it up.

Next scrum after the whistle he uses the same glove to facewash a player that was involved in the mix.

I would expect nothing less from him.:clap:

I remember that! It was also shown on one of the Don Cherry tapes.. minus the face washing afterwards. I loved watching him fight with that big goofy grin on his face!

Remember how tough the team was when Odelein broke into the squad? Odelein, Kordic and Nilan.. plus guys like Carbonneau where dropping the gloves too.

I have several authographed items, but my favourite isn't signed... Although it came close!

I have an authentic 1993 Patrick Roy home jersey, with the crest of the Stanley Cup 100th anniversary. No need to say that it was the last year the Habs won the Cup and that year, St-Patrick won the Conn Smythe trophy as the playoffs' MVP.

It was around Christmas time, I was taking a direct flight from Montreal to Vancouver. The Habs were on a west coast trip and Patrick didn't make the trip because of a pinch nerve in his neck. Well who's waiting at the airport to take the same flight? Casseau himself! But my jersey was in my loggage on the airplane. :wall: I still got to talk to him on the plane on the way to Vancouver.

The jersey is hanging in a display case in my basement...

Well i dont live anywhere near Montreal or have enough money to buy any atuographed stuff, like most habs fans my collection was quite small.

It started with a jersey and then moved to a Habs Coke can then on to a fold up lawn chair, to a sleeping bag and then to a Habs pen. The rest i dont know what order i got it in because after that in came in all so quickly.

Habs note pad

Saku Koivu and Theodore bobble heads

Habs watch

Habs slippers

Canadiens flag

Canadiens key chain

Canadiens mini jersey from macdonalds

and a Saku Koivu figure with a stick and puck

thats all i can think of right now..... but i know that im going to have a good year at school because my teacher told me that there are two types of people in the world, Those who know absolutley nothing about hockey, and those who love the Montreal Canadiens! :hlogo:

Hmm, my teacher told me there's 2 kinds of ppl in the world as well...

People named Andy, and ppl not named Andy.

My teacher's first name is Andrew, he goes by Andy.

Anywayz, BOBBLE HEADS RULE!!!... Ive got my Zednik and my Beliveau :D