Michel Bergeron, Francois Gagnon et Bouchard at RDS

rafikz

Adding Francois Gagnon is a great move for RDS, he's one of the very few francophones in the sports media who combines a genuine journalism backgroud (unlike self-proclaimed analysts), very good hockey knowledge, reliable connections and sources, openess, integrity, and who's actually close to the team and the players (unlike some other people on 110% who talk about things they know nothing about, like what heppens in the locker room).

Joel Bouchard should also be interesting to listen to. He's a "former" player (who could probably still play in the NHL if given the chance, at least as a reserve player) who unlike Benoit Brunet, actually has charisma and is quite well spoken for a quebecker (sorry I don't mean to be disrespectful, but it's become a pet peeves of mine ever since I lived in France).

I'm not a big fan of Michel Bergeron however... I don't think he realizes that many things have changed in hockey since he was involved, and he's extremely biased when it comes to anything Quebec-related...

is quite well spoken for a quebecker (sorry I don't mean to be disrespectful, but it's become a pet peeves of mine ever since I lived in France).

Don't worry, I'm not offended by your statement! ;):D

But isn'T that the same as saying that Canadian English (or american English) is "not well spoked" vis à vis British english? :unsure:

Don't worry, I'm not offended by your statement! ;):D

But isn'T that the same as saying that Canadian English (or american English) is "not well spoked" vis à vis British english? :unsure:

Maybe, but it doesn't bother me ;)

Actually, although I now even notice everytime people use words like présentement (which is not used in France), it's really the heavy Quebec accent that gets on my nerves a little, especially expressions such as moé, toé, tu veux tu, y fas tu, etc.

it's really the heavy Quebec accent that gets on my nerves a little, especially expressions such as moé, toé, tu veux tu, y fas tu, etc.

Ahh!! I agree with you on that. I also hate people who use moé pi toé !!!

Maybe, but it doesn't bother me ;)

Actually, although I now even notice everytime people use words like présentement (which is not used in France), it's really the heavy Quebec accent that gets on my nerves a little, especially expressions such as moé, toé, tu veux tu, y fas tu, etc.

Also, something funny is when people who speak english first and a somewhat great french tend to use "à la base" et "actuellement" to start their sentences. We barely never use that. I always notice they just translated "basically and actually"...

Also, something funny is when people who speak english first and a somewhat great french tend to use "à la base" et "actuellement" to start their sentences. We barely never use that. I always notice they just translated "basically and actually"...

I use actually , but as I mentionned, it's because I lived and worked in France for a while (and the people around me today are mostly anglos or [euro] French). I'm pretty sure I used to say présentement too...

Edited by CerebusClone

quite well spoken for a quebecker (sorry I don't mean to be disrespectful, but it's become a pet peeves of mine ever since I lived in France).

Thats because People from france think that they are the only one speaking french the proper way

The thing is that when I watch something dubbed in france opposed to Quebec, I find that Quebec's overall french is better and The French people use more english terms.

Michel Bergeron is far from being a Fav. of mine but at least he speaks the Language properly( as long as you can deal with his accent :P )

Like many of you guys I'm not fond of moé pis toé pis tsé veux dire but I'm guilty of using it once in a while. I just wouldn't use it on TV though.

Thats because People from france think that they are the only one speaking french the proper way

The thing is that when I watch something dubbed in france opposed to Quebec, I find that Quebec's overall french is better and The French people use more english terms.

Michel Bergeron is far from being a Fav. of mine but at least he speaks the Language properly( as long as you can deal with his accent :P )

Like many of you guys I'm not fond of moé pis toé pis tsé veux dire but I'm guilty of using it once in a while. I just wouldn't use it on TV though.

While it is true that the French use more anglicisms (although people here also use a heck of a lot like la gang, le party, un windshild, un tire, un muffler, etc), their diction and their use of proper grammar is much better than most people here. Even bums (except maybe for the "racaille") sound better than I'd say 90+ percent of the people I see on television here (including politicians, show hosts, ...).

Maybe I'm biased because I'm very close to the French now (I work for a company which was founded in Paris, and almost all our employees people in the Montreal are French... is wasn't planned that way, but there is shortage of quality young IT people right now, so we've had to import), but that's still the way I see it now. Even my wife who speaks and understands French, but doesn't use it often, has a lot of trouble understanding people here, but has no problem whatsoever when she travels with me.

While it is true that the French use more anglicisms (although people here also use a heck of a lot like la gang, le party, un windshild, un tire, un muffler, etc), their diction and their use of proper grammar is much better than most people here. Even bums (except maybe for the "racaille") sound better than I'd say 90+ percent of the people I see on television here (including politicians, show hosts, ...).

Maybe I'm biased because I'm very close to the French now (I work for a company which was founded in Paris, and almost all our employees people in the Montreal are French... is wasn't planned that way, but there is shortage of quality young IT people right now, so we've had to import), but that's still the way I see it now. Even my wife who speaks and understands French, but doesn't use it often, has a lot of trouble understanding people here, but has no problem whatsoever when she travels with me.

c't'un malade c'gas là.

Bergeron and his racist and bigoted rhetoric. Well, there's the perfect reason never to tune into that channel. Major embarassment for RDS; he makes Don Cherry look open-minded. Absolutely colossal error and will write RDS to that effect. I was considering getting the channel this fall to watch the occasional game. No chance now.

Koé ?

Teehee

My French language prof says the same thing and he's Quebecois. His French is EXCELLENT, but at the same time, he warns his students not to speak like or immitate a lot of their francophone colleagues because there are so many inherent mistakes in their speech. Truth be told, it's the same in English. some of the ways you hear people say words.... shudder...

Ummm..whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I lived in France, and trust their French is way better than Quebecois' (no offense, and I prefer Quebec to France, I'm not going back there)

And, in regards to movies dubbed in French, voices selected by the Frenchies fit the actors and characters way better