WC Finals: Canada vs Finland

puck7x

Game starts Tuesday night...

Its Koivu vs Theodore. I'll obviously be cheering for Canada, because I am a proud Canadian ...but it would not be the worst thing in the world if Finland won the game, it would be great to see Koivu lead his team to a championship, and he deserves it after all he's been through... Plus it would be an amazing for Finnish hockey....

But like I said, I'm cheering for Canada, so Go Canada!

Predictions? I say 2-1 Canada in OT.

Its ashame their won't be a season this fall because I believe Koivu is about to peak as an athlete this year. Two years ago when he came back from Cancer he jumped right in and led this team to a win against the Bruins in the post season, the next season he played in all 82 games the first time since his rookie season, last season he had a minor setback by getting injured but he came back and got 55 points in 68 games. And once again led us a underdog victory against the Bruins. Now he's led the Finnish team to their first ever World Cup finals. He just seems to be getting better and better.

Let's just hope they settle this dispute so we can get on with the season.

Instead off all you canadiens i'm chearing for Finland. Since i got interested in hockey i've been a bog fan of there hockey. Great players and number 1: Koivu!! I always followed the world cup closely on Eurosport, and allthough it can't be seen there anymore, i'm still a Suomi fan. But it's just a great final with 2 great countries!

Last time I bet with a friend that Finland will win 3-1 vs. the US with goals from Ruutu, Jokinen and Saku. Ok they only won 2-1 and only Saku and Jokinen scored ... :D

So I say 4-3 Finland ... though I don't know for which team I should cheer for, because Team Suomi and Canada are my 2 favourites. *fg*

@Dutch_Habs_Fan: Indeed it sucks that Eurosport can't televise the big tournaments anymore (also in football) but they simply have no money to buy the tv-rights anymore. Hopefully this will change soon in the near future.

Canada should win.

I think this game will be decided by the goalies. Canada knows that Kiprusoff took the Flames all the way to the finals in the Stanley Cup.

My prediction is 2-1. Finland or Canada? Don't know, I don't really care, but I do admit that it would feel strange to acknowledge that Finland has won a greater tourament than Sweden ever has.

My thought is all the Tampa players on Team Canada will have Kipper's Number... for obvious reasons... Expect Iginla to have an idea or 2 of where to shoot the puck as well.

(Sure I heard Kiprusoff comment on Iginla's inability to score on him in practices but still, gotta have a better chance than the other guys?)

Nice opposition by the Finns.

Best play of the night: Amazing play between Mario and Sakic on the first goal... 2 brillant pass, was really impressive

Best indivual effort: Tuomo Ruutu. His goal was a beauty :o

And Saku!!! Named on the AllStar Team !! WOO that's nice!!

BTW, i have nothing againts Lecavalier, but Sakic was defenetly the best player in the tourny. He's the best player in the world, and was the best in the tourny as well. (The best in the last game as well). Anyways, call me biased for that if you want hehe

I don't like them much, but I can tell you... they are fabulous compared to Radio-Canada.

Maybe they did praised Brodeur's saves.. but still he allowed 5 goals in 5 games.. not much things bad to talk about hehe. Martin was simply awesome. It's totally different when the team doesn't have to care about their goalie. They know the job is getting done and they can put their mind into scoring

Why wouldn't they be biased? It's the Canadian Broadcasting Corparation.

Then why is it that you always hear Canadians complaining about biased American channels and the fact that they only show American teams?

Kind of the kettle calling the pot black.

Commentators must be unbias. Their job is to comment on the game. A bias commentator does not communicate the events properly. I hate the American commentators because they are the worse but not the only ones. I find the French CBC - commentators to be the least bias and most professional.

One more thing, why do commentators feel they need to be stand up comedians?

I guess it depends who is covering the game. If it is the team's home annoucers, don't you want them to be biased? When Canada scores, of course the announcers will be more excited than when Finland scores one. Vice-versa with the Finnish announcers. Now, if the announcers are American, they will be un-biased when Canada and Finland play.

This is why I hated the announcers on CJAD. They seemed equally ecited when either team scored. Why are they excited when a goal is scored against the team they are covering?

Local annoucners should be biased

National annoucners should be un-biased

Unbias does not mean that someone can’t be passionate/emotional. Someone can be unhappy about the opposition scoring but can still provide good commentary about the goal.

I agree with you. If it was a good goal, say it was. The CBC commentators rarely said that.

And I'm okay with emotion, but don't friken' scream after the local team scores, and not say a word when the opposing team scores.

The CJAD commentators were professional, unbiased and accurate.