Main Entry:

hoo·li·gan·ism Listen to the pronunciation of hooliganism

Pronunciation:

\ˈhü-li-gə-ˌni-zəm\

Function:

noun

Date:

: rowdy, violent, or destructive behavior

(As per Merriam-Webster online dictionary)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hooliganism

One entry found.

Main Entry:

hoo·li·gan·ism Listen to the pronunciation of hooliganism

Pronunciation:

\ˈhü-li-gə-ˌni-zəm\

Function:

noun

Date:

: rowdy, violent, or destructive behavior

(As per Merriam-Webster online dictionary)

Ok. But in a sport context. I always thought sport hooligans were fans who were travelling with the team, rioting and act violent against other teams fans.

Is Chris Simon a hooligan ?

Ok. But in a sport context. I always thought sport hooligans were fans who were travelling with the team, rioting and act violent against other teams fans.

Is Chris Simon a hooligan ?

No, he's moron.

Hooligans are sporting fans who riot and create mayhem. Like the Richard riots (I don't care how political they were, it was directly a result of a Habs incident), or the Cup riots, or winning the second round a couple of years back riots. It's all hooliganism.

No, he's moron.

Hooligans are sporting fans who riot and create mayhem. Like the Richard riots (I don't care how political they were, it was directly a result of a Habs incident), or the Cup riots, or winning the second round a couple of years back riots. It's all hooliganism.

Hooligans = morons, especially those drunken soccer dudes over here in Europe. Can't stand those guys, no brain whatsoever, simply stereotype idiots.

I'm not denying the idiocy of the riots, but i believe you said habs fans were the worst on the planet. As far as I know, habs fans have yet to kill a player, supporters of other teams or even sent out massive amounts of death threats to a player or players.

Just seemed like a statement that you made with very little backing other than 3 riots over the span of 50 years (the one last year was started by street gangs i believe) and booing of certain players.

That's right Quebecois. Look at Lazio, Chelsea, Feyenoord, eastern Europe lately...

Habs fans not even in the same galaxy. One time, quite young, I was at a Habs-scum game (Bruins). We lost, I was walking out of the Forum with me Ma. I was surprised and fascinated to see about 10 scum fans taunting everyone, turning off St. Cath down Closse, evidently mistakenly. Following them in grim silence were about 20 or so of us, tight-lipped and up for it. Me Ma hustled us along...that's about it, compared to the weekly shenanigans across the drink. Weekly, literally.

Get a grip.

Get a grip.

Eloquent.

I was not just referring to the hooliganism, though. When I say Habs fans are the worst on the planet, I take into consideration far more than just the riots. I'm not going into it again, though. If you want to search, most of my reasons have been put on the boards here at least a couple of times over.