The Cap is hurting the NHL?

habs rule

read this article by Strachan. He proves once again that being intelligent is not a requirement for being a sports writer. According to him teams that have overspent/signed stupid deals etc should blame the cap cause now they can"t trade/buy their way out of trouble. Is that not the logic that got us into the mess in the first place that resulted in the cap? Al has long been a players sportswriter, and is anti management to the nth degree. The only good thing i can say about him is he hates Bettman, I guess a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in a while.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/9079294...effect-on-teams

Strachan is a has-been and has been desperately trying to remain in the "loop" by throwing out all kinds of ridiculous stories on the Hot-Stove. I don't expect anything intelligent to come from his articles!

• 2 weeks later...

What a guy...

Let's get this straight: somehow, Strachan blames Bettman and the salary cap for teams being screwed financially by their huge contracts which they themselves handed out like haloween candy? Yes, teams will be screwed, but blame the GMs who thought that somehow the cap would simply continue to rise forever for this, not the actual cap. The cap was good for the league, but also for the ego of several general managers, obviously.

At this point, I think Strachan is just saying things to keep his job.