Habs sign QMJHL overager Dany Masse

Tony

That Drummondville line is insane.... Masse-DiDomeneco-Riendeau are averaging over 3 points per game EACH during the playoffs.

Also funny: Masse is now a habs prospect, Reindeau was signed by the Bruins a couple weeks back and Didomeneco is a Leafs prospect! :lol:

That Drummondville line is insane.... Masse-DiDomeneco-Riendeau are averaging over 3 points per game EACH during the playoffs.

Also funny: Masse is now a habs prospect, Reindeau was signed by the Bruins a couple weeks back and Didomeneco is a Leafs prospect! :lol:

So is he good, or is he a product of this Reindeau guy being good. Who was the best player to be had?

So is he good, or is he a product of this Reindeau guy being good. Who was the best player to be had?

Didomeneco is the only one that was NHL drafted, and he was on Team Canada this past Christmas, so he's likely the best one. That being said, he has 3 goals and 22 assists, it's the other two that are actually putting the puck in the net. Riendeau went to France to play for some reason last year for half the year... he might be a little nutty.

Riendeau was signed first, if that means anything.

LHJMQ undrafted players of late 19 20 years old are more and more popular

for the scouts.

Without having much power play time players cannot sell themselves at age 17-18.

We had Desharnais, Beauregard and now Masse. They are all better players than Olivier Fortier

who is strictly a defensive forward with no weight to throw around.

For myself i would change the allowed age to be drafted by the NHL at 19 years old.

Most of top prospects make it right to the NHL now and junior teams are missing top players

to full their building, and it does influence players around them too being notice.

Drafting an 18 years old is way too risky, NHL should have learn that by now.

WOOHOO we just got wayyy bigger !!

oh wait... :huh:

Isn't that about the same size as Zach Parise?

No, I'm not comparing the talent levels, just more or less saying if he can play well, size isn't that important.

Isn't that about the same size as Zach Parise?

No, I'm not comparing the talent levels, just more or less saying if he can play well, size isn't that important.

if he was meerly as good as parise he would'Ve been drafted. now, can he be a new mike keane ??

Never heard of someone being a late bloomer Markie ?

I finished high school at 26.

just kidding !! :lol:

to be honest, lately no one comes to mind. Maybe I'm forgetting players...

I remember all the hype over yann danis. junior lessard. Heck in quebec they were crying foul because we didn't sign QMJHL's to scorer in maxime boisclair. now he's rotting in the ECHL...

Brunnstrom was an highly touted late bloomer, he did good but didn't wow me overall. then again I get youguys can find out how critical I can be...

I would love for massé to success. I just wish he was bigger. seems like we have tons of smallish players in the system.

we never know

S. Kost was good, was not just a product of Perry and Kane.

Chouinard was 200% a product of Simon Gagné.

I think it's the trickiest thing in Jr hockey. the guy has talent and plays above his peers... but what will he do when paired with someone else?

I finished high school at 26.

just kidding !! :lol:

to be honest, lately no one comes to mind. Maybe I'm forgetting players...

I remember all the hype over yann danis. junior lessard. Heck in quebec they were crying foul because we didn't sign QMJHL's to scorer in maxime boisclair. now he's rotting in the ECHL...

Brunnstrom was an highly touted late bloomer, he did good but didn't wow me overall. then again I get youguys can find out how critical I can be...

I would love for massé to success. I just wish he was bigger. seems like we have tons of smallish players in the system.

actually, I believe in late bloomers ANYWHERE but in Canada.

In sweden/finland/russia, there are some great leagues, the guys do not get showcased as much as you'd expect in NA. kids playing vs men... sometimes it might take some years.

but in canada with then tons of league we have... kids are always playing vs kids... and if they cant lead then... they will never be able to lead.

different in the states... there are many good university / college players who do not get to play at a real competitive level or a real big load of games until they hit the real shit. Like St-Louis.