Ryan Smyth to the Kings

Colin

A little out of left field, as per TSN.ca. (No details as of yet.)

No, it's not. Rumors were that Kroenke wanted the team to cut costs if we were going to be a last place team. Rumors over Smyth to the Kings have been flying at HF for days now. Although those rumors included someone like Hickey or JJ.

Smyth for Preissing, Quincey and a 5th round pick. What a shitty return.

Bye Smytty :(

No, it's not. Rumors were that Kroenke wanted the team to cut costs if we were going to be a last place team. Rumors over Smyth to the Kings have been flying at HF for days now. Although those rumors included someone like Hickey or JJ.

Smyth for Preissing, Quincey and a 5th round pick. What a shitty return.

Bye Smytty :(

I like Quincey, he came out of nowhere last year to put up a fine season. He steps right in as the team's top D-man I'd say. Granted, based on last season, it doesn't take a lot for a guy to be better than Hannan, Liles, etc. Quincey is definitely evidence that Detroit is not infallible.

I like Quincey, he came out of nowhere last year to put up a fine season. He steps right in as the team's top D-man I'd say. Granted, based on last season, it doesn't take a lot for a guy to be better than Hannan, Liles, etc. Quincey is definitely evidence that Detroit is not infallible.

Quincey is good but we still got completely boned on this trade. Smyth was our only impact player last season. Los Angeles is rich with young kids and prospects, the best we got out of them was Quincey? Not Bernier or Moller or Johnson or Hickey or Teubert or Brown but Kyle Quincey?

We couldn't even get a 2nd instead of a 5th?

The entire fanbase is pretty livid right now. I feel like my heart was ripped out.

Wow, I would have thought that Smyth would get more in return. But I guess unlike the Gomez trade, LA probably made of point of stating that they were taking on more salary and didn't offer as much.

I always thought Ryan Smyth was one of the most overrated players in the League.

I like him. I think his leadership compensate for his lack of any lacks he could have ? He makes too much money though. Last year, in my fantasy pool, I started to be drunk around round 18 or so and selected him. Because of that, i messed up with my cap space and had to wast 2 trades because I didn't have enough room for my last forward... :(:D

Smyth is one of those players who seems better than he is because of the way he plays. He goes to the net and battles the way we wish all players did it. Because of this, his 30-30 seasons seem like 40-40 seasons. I think many people are surprised when they look at his numbers and see one 70 point season in his entire career.

Wow, I would have thought that Smyth would get more in return. But I guess unlike the Gomez trade, LA probably made of point of stating that they were taking on more salary and didn't offer as much.

Not only that, we got one of their salary dumps.

Preissing is absolutely useless. Almost 3 mil for an AHL defenseman, awesome.

I woke up still feeling sick about this trade.