Prospal to be bought out

dlbalr

Why? I thought Prospal has been one of their better players for quite a while now. Despite his stint in Philly, he was always a pretty steady body upfront. Is it just me who thinks he was always a quality player, or am I missing something?

Why? I thought Prospal has been one of their better players for quite a while now. Despite his stint in Philly, he was always a pretty steady body upfront. Is it just me who thinks he was always a quality player, or am I missing something?

He struggled last year, much to the detriment of my hockey pool team. The way their system's being built (an aggressive, fast skating team for the most part), he doesn't really fit it. That being said, this is Tampa Bay, where no one really knows what anyone's thinking in that organization.

He struggled last year, much to the detriment of my hockey pool team. The way their system's being built (an aggressive, fast skating team for the most part), he doesn't really fit it. That being said, this is Tampa Bay, where no one really knows what anyone's thinking in that organization.

it may be a sign of just how tough things are for a player to get a job in today's NHL... You would think that Tampa could at least trade him for a 7th pick or even get rid of him easy through waivers... but to have to buy him out?!?!? SO imagine for the rest of the UFA's that still havent heard of any takers yet

Prospal might be a Dagenais/Allison type of a player as in (gifted hands but cant skate s**t!) and at that price tag i can think of worse players for that price.

it may be a sign of just how tough things are for a player to get a job in today's NHL... You would think that Tampa could at least trade him for a 7th pick or even get rid of him easy through waivers... but to have to buy him out?!?!? SO imagine for the rest of the UFA's that still havent heard of any takers yet

Prospal might be a Dagenais/Allison type of a player as in (gifted hands but cant skate s**t!) and at that price tag i can think of worse players for that price.

I miss Dagenais. Wasn't that guy suppose to be our saviour? lol

I miss Dagenais. Wasn't that guy suppose to be our saviour? lol

LOL :clap:

On another note... maybe another thread... wtf is happening with Maxim Afinogenov? whats up with this dude? wasnt he like a the next best thing after ovechkin and the likes??? he is an RFA? i thought he'd be a UFA by now.. and if not is he going to arbitration?

LOL :clap:

On another note... maybe another thread... wtf is happening with Maxim Afinogenov? whats up with this dude? wasnt he like a the next best thing after ovechkin and the likes??? he is an RFA? i thought he'd be a UFA by now.. and if not is he going to arbitration?

No, he's a UFA. He's getting a lot of interest but no takers. Sabres fans actually seem pretty happy to see him go. His production has really tailed off the last couple of years and he's extremely lazy defensively. Only 16 goals over his last 104 games.

I've heard he's thinking of the KHL as well.

the cap is kicking in and some of the overpaid fringe players are going to go. You need more than a name to make it stick now. Tanguay prime example #1 lang #2 both decent players but over paid. And they are having a hard time accepting it.