Sheldon Souray VS Tommy Salo ?

Tony_

:lol: Get ready folks this is a funny one

Originally posted by TSN.ca

Montreal Canadiens defenceman Sheldon Souray and Colorado Avalanche goaltender Tommy Salo got into a war of words during their quarter-final clash in the Swedish Elite League playoffs.

Souray, who is playing with Farjestad BK, shared his story with Dave Stubbs of The Montreal Gazette.

The trash talking began in Game 1, says Souray, when during a time-out, MoDo netminder Salo skated by and slashed him with a chop to the side of his pants.

"So I looked at him and said: "Hey, I've got one word for you: Belarus," said Souray.

(Salo was in goal when Belarus stunned the Swedes in the 2002 Olympic Games, the winning goal coming on an 80-foot slap shot.)

As time ran out in the game, a scrum ensued and as Souray went to skate behind the net, Salo blocked him and that's when Souray went after him.

"If he wants to act like a forward, he'll be treated like one."

After the game, Souray told the press, "This isn't personal, I don't even know the guy. He's just not very good. He's terrible.

"I don't know why he's doing this. He'd be the third or fourth goalie on our team. There's probably a few players on our team who could play goal better.

"Let's just say he'll never be confused with Jose Theodore."

With his quotes published, Salo took the initiative to give a shot back.

"Salo said in the papers that I can't skate, can't shoot, can't pass and don't have the dingleberries to play like this in the NHL. But at least he said I'm good at cross-checking."

There's been nothing between the two since, says Souray, but stated that if his team scores and he's near Salo, he'd give him a piece of his mind - again.

"I'll tell Salo what I think of him. Use your imagination - but I don't ask him how his family's doing."

The two teams face each other today in Game 5. MoDo will be without superstar centre Peter Forsberg who was injured Thursday in Game 4. Forsberg had returned to action after a six-week absence caused by a hand injury. He was cross-checked by Peter Nordstrom in the second period and was knocked out of the game. Nordstrom was ejected and was suspended for two games on Saturday.

MoDo is behind 3-1 in the best-of-seven series.

Looks like this should be an interesting one. I hope I can catch the game on TV whenever they're playing.

Lol, oh dear, gotta like Souray's quotes... too bad they didnt show the stuff Salo said.

Can't like this though....

"I'll tell Salo what I think of him. Use your imagination - but I don't ask him how his family's doing."

Gotta wonder if Salo was talkin about Souray's Wife?

I'm sure Souray will be the one to get the last laugh when his team goes through to the next round tho... ;)

Salo got his first shutout of the season. Modo won the game 1-0. You know what they say: Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk. ;)

Farjestad better win game #6, and the series, or Souray is going to be in alot of trouble with his teammates, and will not have a spot on that team next year (assuming the NHL is still locking out the players) ...

Looks like he might have given Salo some motivation.

[Edited on 2005-3-13 by puck7x]

Ha I like that guy, Souray always says what he thinks (also Kovi - po's). His columns are also great ... I suppose he's the most hated player in Sweden right now. Talking how bad the atmosphere and the refs are, ranting against Salo - great! :king: :P

[Edited on 13-3-05 by HABS Fan Nr.1]

Souray is a great hockeyplayer but his behavior is a bit... Arrogant.

I don't care what he says to Salo on the ice but it's pretty stupid to write things in a Canadian column and think that it will never reach Sweden.

I think and hope that MoDo will advance to the next round. I don't like Färjestad and I do not like the attitude of some players in Färjestad.

Originally posted by ch_nl

Souray is a great hockeyplayer but his behavior is a bit... Arrogant.

I don't care what he says to Salo on the ice but it's pretty stupid to write things in a Canadian column and think that it will never reach Sweden.  

I think and hope that MoDo will advance to the next round. I don't like Färjestad and I do not like the attitude of some players in Färjestad.

Well no doubt what you say is true. Of course the column was going to reach Sweden.

My point of view on Souray's behaviour is that when he told off Salo with the whole Belarus remark I think he meant to get Salo pissed off and not everyone in Sweden.

It's not a good thing to piss off fans in hockey and I doubt those were his intentions.

But then again I'm not Sheldon Souray and you never know.

Well, whatever the outcome of this is..... Maybe they will get a chance to renew the rivalry come this years world championships... hehe, thats if both make their respective teams.

The column was intended for the Montreal Gazette but since he said some stuff that started debare Färjestads hompage and swedish newspapers Aftonbladet and Expressen has published it to.

I don't know exactly what happened but I find this arguing both funny and a bit embarassing.

Well, well Färjestad are through and if the will face Djurgården or Timrå I expect Souray to pick a fight with Hedström or Nilsson.

Isn't Djurgarden Theodore's team? Maybe Theo and Souray could get into a war of words, haha. We know how well the Habs have gotten along the last few years...

Theo: "How's that wrist?"

Souray: "Doing better than your father."

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Hilarious, had fun reading it!

BTW, his wife is hot. We want more pics :D

Ask and you shall receive :/)

EDIT:

Google : angelica bridges

[Edited on 2005-3-16 by sakiqc]

i don't know about europe, but in North America is not very uncommon reading about things like this. It's no doubt funny, especially the "no one will get him confused with Theo" part and the Belarus part is of course probably the best part of the whole article. But either way, i am glad souray's team won, saved him a lot of embarrassment.

I don't know...

What would you say if "the Belarus jump" would have happend to Jose Theodore or Martin Brodeaur and Canada would have lost in the olympics to Belarus?

And then having a Swede, playing in the NHL taunting the goalie and the same time beeing on the same team as the capitain of team Canada?!

I don't think anyone would enjoy it.

Sheldon Souray is playing for Färjestad. Jörgen Jönsson has the C on his jersey. He had the same letter when representing Tre Kronor in the olympics. Tommy Salo was the goalie. I just don't see the funny part.

Me neither. Salo got a lot more unfair critisism because of that goal than you think. I heard that even the kids of his wife's brother got teased in shcool for it. Nobody deserves that.

If anyone should be blamed for the loss it should be the rest of the so-called pro's who should have been able to score far more than 3 goals on Belarus.

Originally posted by Doktor Kosmos

Me neither. Salo got a lot more unfair critisism because of that goal than you think. I heard that even the kids of his wife's brother got teased in shcool for it. Nobody deserves that.

If anyone should be blamed for the loss it should be the rest of the so-called pro's who should have been able to score far more than 3 goals on Belarus.

Wow that's dumb. People who did that should be given a nice slap. They lost as a team. Salo shouldn't be the only blamed for losing the game.

that Argentinean soccer play who missed the winning goal and got shot coming out of the plane,
Or like Andres Escobar, the Colombian soccer player who happened to redirect a shot into his own goal during the 1994 Soccer World Cup (in the game against USA if memory serves me right). When he came back home to Colombia after the tournament, he was assasinated in a drive-by by some nut with a automatic rifle. Shot twelwe times I think.

Here's a link:Escobar shooting

EDIT: It's ANDRES Escobar, not Pablo Escobar. :wall: But I think Pablo may have been shot too.

[Edited on 2005/3/21 by Doktor Kosmos]