Habs claim Jay Leach off re-entry waivers

JoeLassister

Mara's been a quiertly amazing signing. I agree about Spacek. Decent player but he was signed to be mini-Markov. What a disappointment.

Chpachek is out of shape; he has to chase the puck and has a triple chin

• 2 weeks later...

At this point, and with the way the two have played in recent games, I'd be inclined to sit Georges and let Leach play. Something about the latter is very calming: he never tries to do too much, just plays his game. Georges, on the other hand, has worked himself into a tizzy, IMO, and is having a very tough year. I count him as amongst the worst of the Habs defenders to this point.

I was disappointed to read that Leach was probably going to sit next game while Georges would give fits to Montreal goaltending.

At this point, and with the way the two have played in recent games, I'd be inclined to sit Georges and let Leach play. Something about the latter is very calming: he never tries to do too much, just plays his game. Georges, on the other hand, has worked himself into a tizzy, IMO, and is having a very tough year. I count him as amongst the worst of the Habs defenders to this point.

I was disappointed to read that Leach was probably going to sit next game while Georges would give fits to Montreal goaltending.

I sometimes see that, but other times I see how he is effective. I'm on the fence with Gorges. Over all I think he is doing well, when you consider his experience. I do see what you mean though. He coughs up the lot.

I agree with you. I think that Georges has too much icetime. Sometimes he looks exhausted out there. It was easier for him when he played with Gill, IMO. BTW, is there anybody out there who still thinks that Gill wasn't good enough to play in the NHL. As I wrote earlier, the guy doesn't the credit he deserves.

Talking about Leach, I am surprised by the quality of his play so far. I thought that he was an AHLer. I was mistaken; he can play in the big league.

Mara's been a quiertly amazing signing. I agree about Spacek. Decent player but he was signed to be mini-Markov. What a disappointment.

Spacek is a good player, but obviously he should not play on the right side. I think that once he will be back on the left side, we will see another player entirely.

Edited by JCPetit

Spacek is a good player, but obviously he should not play on the right side. I think that once he will be back on the left side, we will see another player entirely.

Totally agree. He should be with O'byrne on the second pairing.