Questions for the Bulldogs

dlbalr

From speaking with Lammy, our resident GDT maker (though I may have to make tonight's by the looks of it) and Bulldogs season-ticket holder, he noted that this Sunday is a special meet and greet for the season ticket holders. He's graciously indicated that he'd be willing to ask a few questions to some of the players at this time.

So simply put, is there a specific question you'd like asked of one of the players?

What's the greatest difference between being coached by Don Lever and Guy Boucher?

I guess any player could answer that, but it would be cool to see a collection of responses on that one.

What's the key to the defensive success the team has had so far this year?

What's the greatest difference between being coached by Don Lever and Guy Boucher?

I guess any player could answer that, but it would be cool to see a collection of responses on that one.

What's the key to the defensive success the team has had so far this year?

For Cedrick,

He is playing like a star. What changed between last year and this year? Just more oportunities in nets, or coaching, or what?

My (preliminary) list of questions I'd be curious to find out answers to regarding some of the lesser discussed (but still interesting) Bulldogs...

For the player that almost everyone seems to forget about on this team (I can't remember the last time I saw his name mentioned on this forum), Mikael Johansson:

What's been the most challenging difference (transition) between playing in the SEL and in North America?

One for Brock Trotter who's been steadily improving in terms of his offence since joining the Bulldogs midseason a few years ago:

What element do you think needs to be improved on the most before you make that big step to the NHL?

One for Ben Maxwell who I must say that I'm surprised hasn't been given a look yet this year:

What have the Montreal coaches wanted you to focus on this season?

(His offensive numbers are way down, I can't help but wonder if they're trying to turn him into a defensive first centre).

I suspect he won't be able to answer this (at least on the record), but one for everyone's favourite preseason enforcer, Eric Neilson:

Have the Canadiens given you any indication that they may be interested in giving you an NHL contract?

(The Habs have done this with both Cedrick Desjardins and David Desharnais in the past - give them a minor league only deal then sign them to an entry-level NHL deal later on).

I'd be remiss if I didn't post one for a player who used to play Jr. C hockey in my hometown (as a forward no less), Andre Benoit:

You spent the last 2 seasons overseas (playing one year in Finland and another in Sweden). What prompted you to return to the Bulldogs?

I'll add to this if I can think of some more between now and Sunday.

From speaking with Lammy, our resident GDT maker (though I may have to make tonight's by the looks of it) and Bulldogs season-ticket holder, he noted that this Sunday is a special meet and greet for the season ticket holders. He's graciously indicated that he'd be willing to ask a few questions to some of the players at this time.

Thanks to everybody who submitted questions for the Bulldogs players.

Unfortunately, this idea of mine of the questions and answers did not turn out at all as I was hoping it would. The meet and greet with the players was a lot of fun, but it was hectic and chaos to be doing a Q&A at that time. For example, I would go up to P.K. Subban, get an autograph, etc, and by that time there were 15 other people and kids around wanting an autograph and photos taken with the player.

There was just no time, realistically, to be asking questions.

There will be other opportunites for me to follow up on this Q&A idea. I have all the questions written down and I will do my best to get all the questions answered in the future.

Not all of the Bulldogs players were in high demand, however, and I was able to get one of the official questions answered.....

For the player that almost everyone seems to forget about on this team (I can't remember the last time I saw his name mentioned on this forum), Mikael Johansson:

What's been the most challenging difference (transition) between playing in the SEL and in North America?

Mikael Johansson: "The biggest difference is the size of the ice. The ice surface is larger in Europe than it is here and it's really different when trying to play and shoot the puck."

Other than that, I was only able to really spend time with Robert Mayer (who was basically being ignored because I don't think that any of the other Bulldogs fans know who he is). There was not really anything specific I could ask him, so I basically struck up just a general conversation with him, asking how things were going in Cincinnati with the Cyclones. He said that things were going good and the team there is in 1st place.

Thanks, Ian. I figured that might have been his answer, but hey, it was good to get it confirmed if nothing else.

Might have been neat to get Mayer's reaction to how well the Swiss were doing at the WJC's; if memory serves me right, Mayer played for the Switzerland WJC team (or at least tried out for it) at some point in his career.

Thanks, Ian. I figured that might have been his answer, but hey, it was good to get it confirmed if nothing else.

Might have been neat to get Mayer's reaction to how well the Swiss were doing at the WJC's; if memory serves me right, Mayer played for the Switzerland WJC team (or at least tried out for it) at some point in his career.

That's correct. Mayer represented Switzerland at the 2008 WJC.

Might want to move Masse thread up here and see if Lammy can g[/font]et answer to his status.

Last I'd heard, he was at least another month away and I suspect will go to Cincinnati when he's healthy (to get in game shape at the very least).

Last I'd heard, he was at least another month away and I suspect will go to Cincinnati when he's healthy (to get in game shape at the very least).

That is the same report we got 2 months ago. We are only a few weeks from Feb. Can't we hone down those dates a little closer? Something about Fortier would be good.

That is the same report we got 2 months ago. We are only a few weeks from Feb. Can't we hone down those dates a little closer? Something about Fortier would be good.

That was the last I'd heard - heck, there was an early season report that he was done for the year - I can't narrow it down as there hasn't been a report lately on him. At any rate, he won't play in Hamilton so it shouldn't be too much of a concern, hopefully if he gets healthy he can help Cincy in their Kelly Cup run. As for Fortier, to the best of my knowledge, he is out for the season.

Might want to move Masse thread up here and see if Lammy can g[/font]et answer to his status.

Masse says that he is expecting to be cleared to play right after the All-Star break next week.

Masse says that he is expecting to be cleared to play right after the All-Star break next week.

Good piece of injury news for once - is there a forward up with the team right now that you think could be supplanted by a healthy Massé?

Good piece of injury news for once - is there a forward up with the team right now that you think could be supplanted by a healthy Massé?

Thanx! I agree that Masse needs to go to Cinci. The problem I see is that both Hamilton and Cinci are playing pretty well, with a lot of healthy bodies. I would hate to disrupt the chemistry!

You are not alone in regards to the Official Bulldogs Forum. There are a number of people having troubles with logging in and posting. I don't know why.

After tonight's game in Grand Rapids vs the Griffins, the Bulldogs go into the AHL All-Star break and then following that, are on a lengthy road trip for almost two weeks. I won't be able to get any update on Carle until they get back on February 3rd, and hopefully, Carle should be back in the lineup by then. If not, I will provide updates as I get them.

Lammy is obviously on ground zero. Maybe we can get some up-date on Carle. I would ask on the Bulldog forum, but I still can't get on. I must be considered a criminal or something.

All I know is that he has a shoulder injury; unfortunately that's all that was said on the broadcast. As for the Bulldogs forum posting stuff, you can always do like me and just make a second account - though there's been some issues posting with that one even.

The problem with the newly-registered posters is part of the sytem which has been put in place to combat the spam issues.....the moderators are now required to preview all new posts from those new registrations and then make their decision whether to approve or disallow that post. This is the way that we are going to cut off any further inappropriate spam postings before they reach "publication" on the forum. This is a pain in the butt from all those involved, but I understand why this has been put into place.

For those who do want to post on the official Bulldogs forum, all I can say at this point is to be patient. Your posts will be approved, you just have to wait for one of the mods to do so. But as I mentioned above, I still don't understand why some cannot log in or post at all. There's obviously something that still needs to be "tweeked".

Edited by Lammy

The problem with the newly-registered posters is part of the sytem which has been put in place to combat the spam issues.....the moderators are now required to preview all new posts from those new registrations and then make their decision whether to approve or disallow that post. This is the way that we are going to cut off any further inappropriate spam postings before they reach "publication" on the forum. This is a pain in the butt from all those involved, but I understand why this has been put into place.

For those who do want to post on the official Bulldogs forum, all I can say at this point is to be patient. Your posts will be approved, you just have to wait for one of the mods to do so. But as I mentioned above, I still don't understand why some cannot log in or post at all. There's obviously something that still needs to be "tweeked".

It's weird and it does date back to before the whole spam incident happened - if you guys find a way to restore posting abilities to the old accounts such as mine and BlueKross's, let me know - it beats having to wait to post. :)

You are not alone in regards to the Official Bulldogs Forum. There are a number of people having troubles with logging in and posting. I don't know why.

After tonight's game in Grand Rapids vs the Griffins, the Bulldogs go into the AHL All-Star break and then following that, are on a lengthy road trip for almost two weeks. I won't be able to get any update on Carle until they get back on February 3rd, and hopefully, Carle should be back in the lineup by then. If not, I will provide updates as I get them.

First off, this thread has gone about 5 different directions now, quite impressive in barely 2 pages.

To deal with the bolded part, Carle is done for the year as per the Spec - brutal news for the Dogs. I know they have a couple extra d-men, but I can't help but wonder if we may see another TJ Kemp-like move before long.

http://www.thespec.com/Sports/article/709678

In other news, heck, I remember asking a question for him back when this thread was on topic, it appears as if he's played his final game with the Bulldogs. He has returned to Sweden for family reasons, but is not likely to return to North America this season. A Swedish link for those interested: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hock...ticle6466492.ab

Strong endorsement of Carle from Boucher there, saying he was almost NHL ready (or possibly there). Hopefully he keeps the confidence from his play and parlays that into a strong training camp, but I think it'll be hard for him not to struggle a bit when that rolls around.

If there's anything to the rumour I posted in the main board, it does limit the Habs in just how much defensive depth they can deal away. If they dealt one of Mara or O'Byrne, they would have Bergeron as the 7th and then Weber or Subban, not the guy they think is most NHL ready.

Just to confirm my quoted statement above, Masse is in the Bulldogs lineup for tonight's game vs the Rochester Americans.