Are more changes on the way?

REV-G

With Bob Gainey going into semi retirement and Pierre Gauthier replacing him, I wonder who will replace Gauthier? Gainey had to have had a job description for Gauthier with day to day responsibilities, and now there is no one doing that job.

So I wonder if Gainey's departure means the beginning of a domino effect of changes down the line. What could happen if they do replace Gauthier and hire from within? I wonder if this had all been thought out before. I like Jacques Martin but I was surprised he was the guy they picked to coach the Canadiens and I was also surprised that he left a GM position to go back to coaching. So is it possible that Gauthier replaces Gainey, Martin replaces Gauthier and Guy Boucher becomes the head coach of the Montreal Canadiens next season.

The Bulldogs are in first place in their division and conference and 2nd overall in the AHL. At this point it seems like Boucher is doing a great job and someone will want to hire him for the NHL, especially with the success of some younger coaches who have come into the NHL from the AHL. Does anyone think Martin will be a long term coach for us? I don't. But the thought of a Guy Boucher, who is really good with younger guys, which we have a lot of, coaching the Canadiens could be really exciting!

For the love of God let the firing of Timmins be 1 of the changes. :clap:

The 50%+ wasting of picks on players whos #1 priority isnt the Habs must stop ASAP. Bob was the one who loved Timmins and I'm willing to bet that Gauthier and Martin would both prefer the old Sens scout Frank Jay. Wasnt Gauthier with the Sens the same time Martin and Jay were?