Poti will miss game 7

rafikz

Interesting to note here, I don't think Washington has any callups remaining (meaning a guy like Alzner can't come up to take his spot). Instead, they'll be stuck with either Sloan/Erskine.

Their 4 post-deadline recalls in case anyone cares:

March 3: John Carlson (this was on deadline day, Pyatt was recalled then as well)

March 28: Mathieu Perreault

April 6: Jay Beagle, Karl Alzner (both were sent down the next day, a dumb move in hindsight to even call them up).

They are in a better situation, though, due to the fact they are allowed emergency recalls. The Habs don't have an emergency recall (except in goal) because technically Laraque is available to them.

They are in a better situation, though, due to the fact they are allowed emergency recalls. The Habs don't have an emergency recall (except in goal) because technically Laraque is available to them.

Good point. Theoretically though, does the fact that they have healthy scratches (Morrison, Walker, Erskine, and Sloan) eliminate the emergency situation? I'd think it would. McPhee seems to think they could make a recall though, not sure how that's possible based on the scratches.

Good point. Theoretically though, does the fact that they have healthy scratches (Morrison, Walker, Erskine, and Sloan) eliminate the emergency situation? I'd think it would. McPhee seems to think they could make a recall though, not sure how that's possible based on the scratches.

Oh yeah, they can't recall anyone unless they have no more healthy scratches. So they obviously have enough faith that those 4 can get the job done as well or better than anyone in Hershey. Considering they were all regular NHLers this year, that's hard to argue with.

If the Habs have a lineup that forces them to play all of S. Kostitsyn, Maxwell, Subban, Bergeron and O'Byrne (or some of those guys themselves are injured), they're out of players they can use (unless Mara suddenly gets healthy). Unless they can prove Laraque is in no shape to play, I suppose, they're out of options. Pacioretty, Trotter, Desharnais, and Weber can't come up and help the team at all. Only Desjardins can.

Alzner called up.

If that's the case, then Washington management obviously knows a loophole that Montreal management does because it's the same situation - both teams used their 4 callups and both teams have healthy scratches, so no emergency situation arises. I better pull open the CBA and read that section over again...

If that's the case, then Washington management obviously knows a loophole that Montreal management does because it's the same situation - both teams used their 4 callups and both teams have healthy scratches, so no emergency situation arises. I better pull open the CBA and read that section over again...

Maybe one of their previous 4 callups was considered an emergency one? I don't know. It's all confusing.

Maybe one of their previous 4 callups was considered an emergency one? I don't know. It's all confusing.

That's my working theory, I'm just not sure I want to sit down and look up who was healthy/hurt at the time of the 4 Washington recalls. I see nothing in the CBA that shows that their current situation leads to emergency conditions.

Edit: None of the press releases for their recalls designate them as injury callups, however, I suspect Carlson's back on March 3rd may have been as Corvo was dealt that day and Washington did have a game.