GDT: Habs vs Panthers, Mar. 3

dlbalr

Agreed! I hope J.M. Doesn't change the Eller/AK46/Moen line. All three players seem to enjoy playing with each other. Added bonus, they produce!

It was to see our boys win a game at the Bell Centre last night! Oups, They were in Florida! With the number of HabsFans in attendance, you would have thought this game was played in Montreal. IN any case, not only did our boys get the Shutout, they played well for an entire 60 minutes! Let's hope they can play as well against a tougher opponent(Tampa)!

Well, as Habs I/O twitter feed put it last night... the Habs basically play home games in about 5-6 other arenas around the league, don't they?

Well, as Habs I/O twitter feed put it last night... the Habs basically play home games in about 5-6 other arenas around the league, don't they?

There are usually fairly large habsfan contingents in Florida, Tampa, Long island, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and dare i say Toronto... I remember the few games we've played in the ACC in the last few years, there was a shitload of Habs Jerseys in the ACC!

Edited by Habsfan

There are usually fairly large habsfan contingents in Florida, Tampa, Long island, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and dare i say Toronto... I remember the few games we've played in the ACC in the last few years, there was a shitload of Habs Jerseys in the ACC!

Add Ottawa to that. Went to a game here (Ott) in October, and it certainly did not feel like a road game. Very much a 50-50 crowd.

To me it seems, that if Kostitsyn is hot the Habs also seem to be hot.

I've said it before. AK46 is the key guy. He's the thermometer of the team.

I've said it before. AK46 is the key guy. He's the thermometer of the team.

Yeah, a rectal thermometer :B)

If it's true that when AK46 is hot, the Habs are hot, the most likely explanation is that he is a huge missing piece of our puzzle: a legitimate top-6 scoring forward with a physical edge. I prefer to think that a hot AK46 illustrates what it would mean to add a player like that to our roster.

Sadly, he only plays like that for 15-20 games per year and I see no reason to believe that this will change. Enjoy his hot streak while it lasts. If it carries over into the playoffs, then I'll start to get excited.

If it's true that when AK46 is hot, the Habs are hot, the most likely explanation is that he is a huge missing piece of our puzzle: a legitimate top-6 scoring forward with a physical edge. I prefer to think that a hot AK46 illustrates what it would mean to add a player like that to our roster.

I feel that, for too long, the issue of a scoring winger has been an either/or debate. For example, when Penner rumours were flying around, many suggested sending AK the other way. How about, instead, we keep the mercurial Kostitsyn and add another scorer as well. It doesn't have to be an amazing talent, just someone who can pot 50-60 points a year. In fact, I see the Montreal Canadiens becoming a team of "second lines" if you will, much like the Sabres were in their Briere/Drury days. You don't necessarily overwhelm your opponents with starpower, but rather by depth and balance. As fans, we all crave superstars like Lecavalier, but given the cap era and its restraints, that is not an evident thing to acquire.

P.S TCC, I know that, in the above post, you are not necessarily suggesting that AK46 be shipped out. I'm just ranting.