What would you do?

TurdBurglar

I was watching the last couple of games and found myself wondering the same things about how they were playing. When their on the power play, their bread and butter is from the point, we all know that, but the other team pressures the point too much to pass it around to get a good shot off. This causes turn overs in the high zone and they spend most of the power play either retrieving the puck from their zone or defending on the power play. Now, in the New Jersey game on Saturday after their first power play, I was thinking they need to work the puck low to close the defensive box and open up the points, but when they work it low they need to outnumber the opposition. I've seen many games where they get the puck in deep and their being outnumbered or even numbers digging for the puck. The very next power play they shot the puck deep, it was picked up behind the net, New Jersey's box close, the puck was cycled to the point and Subban scored. If I could change one thing it would be on the power play getting them to shoot the puck deep use the extra man to outnumber the defending team on the boards to recover the puck, close the box and open the point.

If you could make 1 adjustment to the Habs game, what would it be?

Stop taking stupid penalties at the worst possible times.

Last night, they scored, have the momentum and a PP. Then they take a dumb penalty and it's all Chicago the rest of the night.

Stop taking stupid penalties at the worst possible times.

Last night, they scored, have the momentum and a PP. Then they take a dumb penalty and it's all Chicago the rest of the night.

Where is the extra guy? I know he isn't standing in front of the goaltender. This not only screens the goalie, but doesn't allow the two defensemen from wandering too far. I think we keep passing around perimeter till something brakes down. I am not sure when we are supposed to arrive in front of net.

I have been saying for some time that we need to get a guy in front of the goalie. Pouliot can do this patches can do this kosty can do this but some nights they find it too tough and circle around the perimeter. When you have a guy in front of the net the other team must pay attention to him in the NJ game it was kosty. they got a goal cause he was screening. This needs to happen on every power play it is where your extra guy goes. Course thaat is only my opinion.

I really think AK is realising how much he's valuable for the team when he gets in front of the goalie. Promising for the coming playoffs.

I really think AK is realising how much he's valuable for the team when he gets in front of the goalie. Promising for the coming playoffs.

Preferably I like a bigger guy than AK, but I like that skill level. I wanted to groom a guy coming into AHL and bring him up with that purpose in mind. I could see using a big defenseman with hands groomed as winger/ defenseman such as Byfuglien. My dilema is that in Montreal they think 6-1 is big.