Eating crow, again Re: Budaj

johnnyhasbeen

You guys may remember last year, after calling for Budaj to be publically tarred, I had to post to eat crow if you will. He had turned it around and played admirably for us.

Well, Lo and Behold! He has managed to find his form again and once again I owe him an apology, although if next year he requires me to call him out again before he gets it together I may not be so kind. LOL.

Great job coming in and saving the game! Now that is backup goaltending! I still question the rebound control, but if he had that he would be a starter.. Keep up the good work!

I never quite got the hate-on for Budaj. He is a proven middling-quality NHL 'tender. it would have been unlikely for him to suddenly turn into a .750 save % guy, and a few dodgy games should not have been enough to overwhelm his wider track-record. He's not going to be lights out on a regular basis, but nor is he going to be an anchor; which is say the guy's a quality backup and always has been.