Apr. 3, Habs vs Flyers, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing Pleks is potentially huge - worse than losing MaxPac - and Eller's -4 last night suggests that he was not prepared to step into the breach. We'd better hope that Plekanec recovers soon, and that he recovers fully. His game is so built on speed that he could well struggle if his groin isn't at 100%, and that would be a grievous problem in the playoffs.

Losing Pleks is potentially huge - worse than losing MaxPac - and Eller's -4 last night suggests that he was not prepared to step into the breach. We'd better hope that Plekanec recovers soon, and that he recovers fully. His game is so built on speed that he could well struggle if his groin isn't at 100%, and that would be a grievous problem in the playoffs.

Eller actually looked good until it collapsed with 5 minutes left. I think the bulk of the work will be shared between him and Halpern. Halpern seems to still have decent energy left.

Yes, you are definitely in the minority. They had 17 total shots against a bottom feeder with only 2 of there regular 6 defenseman in the game.

The habs just laid an egg. I didn't even se them really working hard, the didn't skate. The first was a decenet period.

Hopefully it was just a bad night. If they think games will get easier they are sadly mistaken. All points and games for the habs are meaningfull, especiaslly if they want home ice.

Might as well call up Kristo, see what he can do a for a couple of games. Put him ont eh ing with Prust and Eller. Put Galchenyuk with Ryder and Gionta, see what happens.

I watched the game in two different segments so I'll admit it probably threw my judgement off a little bit but in the first period, the flyers barely got out of their zone. I felt like it was a period we actually dominated. The next two periods were not as good but like people have said the flyers were a desperate team and the game was still 50/50. Outshot or not, at least 3 of their goals went off our defenseman and another was an empty netter. I'm not saying that I'd be happy with the habs continuing to play the way they did, but in my opinion, (other than the lack of intensity late in the third) the habs have played a few games like yesterday's... They've just managed to walk away with a win.

Perhaps my opinion is a little different because I watched the away broadcast and the announcers spent more than half the game praising the habs.