Thrower Signed

Commandant

A blindside is almost always impossible to avoid, as they are usually dirty and the receiver isn't at fault. But I will say I think I've had a bias for thrower since he was drafted. I meanhe actually drew parallels to subban in his draft year. I had really high hopes for him. He compared decently to players like Reilly, dumba and Reinhart (points wise) in his draft year. But I guess the scouts could clearly see that some other factor was the difference between and elite prose left and the mid second round pick he was.

All 3 you mentioned were simply much better looking prospects and why taken 4th, 5th and 7th and no one expected Thrower to go in first half of round 1 for one reason or other (Undersized d-man, skating not quick enough, defense not strong or who knows?).

If he can maybe be a Dan Boyle type Habs would be darn happy.

But will need to see how he does in Hamilton first and likely be couple years there.

Should be another 'interesting' season with Thrower, Bennett as rookies, Nygren, Dietz with less than 1/2 season and the 'vets' in Morgan Ellis, Pateryn, Drewiski.

All 3 you mentioned were simply much better looking prospects and why taken 4th, 5th and 7th and no one expected Thrower to go in first half of round 1 for one reason or other (Undersized d-man, skating not quick enough, defense not strong or who knows?).

If he can maybe be a Dan Boyle type Habs would be darn happy.

But will need to see how he does in Hamilton first and likely be couple years there.

Should be another 'interesting' season with Thrower, Bennett as rookies, Nygren, Dietz with less than 1/2 season and the 'vets' in Morgan Ellis, Pateryn, Drewiski.

I am going to be very interested to see how he does at camp in the fall. He will go down to hamilton but we will get glimpse of if he can hang with the big boys.