Habs name four alternate captains

JoeLassister

Markov looked liked he wanted to strangle that f'in stupid press dude at golf tourney, asking whether he was asked to be captain and whether he wanted to be captain? Ma-roonic questions from these dim-wits is just too much for Markov to deal with every day.

To make matters worse, he led off with saying he was late getting to the scrum (assuming we saw the same interview). Whose fault is that? Don't show up late, ask a question that everyone knew was going to be the topic of the first few queries, then try to twist his words into making it sound like Markov was unhappy with the decision. That was bush league at its finest.

LM, I think one has to take into account the situation that is hockey crazy Montreal, it's not an A typical climate surrounding the team, and the media is ever evolving toward monstrous.

Some people actually think spreading the leadership out will put less pressure on the player named captain, and the leadership is already there in that committee in reality. Also maybe it is just grooming the eventual Captain PK or Max. Those people are not necessarily delusional, just of a differing opinion than yours, also derived from thinking for themselves, positive thinking at that!.

Saves you the pressure of thinking for us, and making all the posts here by yourself.... :nuts:

Really liked what Stogey had to say about maybe Plek isn't in the long term plans too, it just seems that way to me as well....

Good points all. It was others who had pointed out that Pleks might be just too trade-able to be captain. I hate the idea of trading Pleks incidentally. In fact I hate the business end of hockey as it deals with aging, morbidity and finitude. I'd rather celebrate Pleks and what he has given us.

St. Louis never won a Cup. Boston won the Cup in 72 with no captain. In history people assume Orr was captain but he didn't even have a letter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_Stanley_Cup_Finals

Sorry I don't know where the St Louis came from. Lost my mind for a moment.