Sabres @ Canadiens 7:30 Est

KoRP

Rask is really carrying that team. Those two help big time, and he's put up a .949 sv% in the last month. Those are Jacques Plante numbers.

My thought proccess was that when Chara was out, Rask's numbers were total crap. Now that he's back, suddenly Rask is awesome again.

I'm also pretty sure Price had even better numbers than Rask last month if we're comparing anyone to Jacques Plante!

I've been thinking about all of the anger about Weiss on the top line. I heard recently that Jaques Lemaire mentored Therrien. It reminded me of the wierd combos he would run. Nilan with Mondou or Naslund or Smith. Walter with Mcphee. Maybe a little Lemaire influence.

Noting that, Nilan says in his recent book he benefited from playing on the same line with Carbs and Gainey for five years. They knew each other inside out and how they wanted to play shut down against certain teams. They knew their job as a unit.