Dec. 11/12: Americans vs IceCaps

dlbalr

It has been nearly three weeks since St. John's had a home game but that will change tonight as the IceCaps (12-6-6) host the Americans (10-11-2) for a pair of divisional matchups. Michael Bournival will make his season debut for the 'Caps and is expected to play on the front line. Jacob de la Rose is also expected to play though there's no word on what line he will skate on.

15stj_500.gif

Miceli - McCarron - Holloway
Bournival - de la Rose - Dumont
McNally - MacMillan - Gregoire
Bozon - Pither - Fournier

Barberio - Dietz

Ellis - Didier

Hanley - Lernout

Pasquale

14rch_500.gif

(Based on previous +/- data.)

Carrier - Varone - Bailey

Catenacci - Rodrigues - Akeson

Dupuy - Ellis - Kaleta

Nevins - Garbowsky - Baptiste

Sanguinetti - Robak

Ruhwedel - Austin

Donovan - Prapavessis

Makarov

Puck drop is at 6:00 PM EST for both games. AM 930 has the call. Friday's game can also be seen on tape delay on RDS beginning at 8:00 PM EST.

Rose-from Dumont-Dietz

Gave up 1 PPG and ENer at end, but IceCaps outshot them 39-28, so must of been fairly close game

3-1 loss to start a homestand...reminds me of Hamilton.

Holloway-McCarron both -2

Bournival/Rose 4shots, Ellis with 5 and Dumont 7

Didier forced to drop the gloves in his 1st pro fight (maybe his 1st in years as he didn't have any at Denver I don't think)

(and McCarron added to his rookie minor penalty lead with 2 more dumb ones, X-checking-roughing 3 minutes apart)

The first McCarron penalty was a dumb one, the second one was a bit iffy. Didier didn't fare well in his fight, it was pretty one-sided.

St. John's deserved a better fate in this game but Dietz cost them at least a point with a terrible giveaway at the end, largely reminiscent of Pateryn to Detroit yesterday.

On the good side of things, Bournival looked really impressive, especially considering it was his first game in over 9 months. De la Rose was solid as well.

That game was shown on RDS was it?

McCaron has 8pts (5 in one game) in last 10gms but zero in last 5.

As dlbalr noted without Thomas-Andrighetto-Carr, opposing teams likely key in on McCarron's line to shut it down more.

Big Mac slowed down lately.

It's part of the growing pains of the AHL. I don't think anyone realistically expected him to continue to battle for the AHL's scoring lead all season long. Once Mitchell/Smith-Pelly return in Montreal, that will force two of the call-ups back down and will balance out the lines a lot better. When that happens, I think McCarron will get going again.

Lineup changes for tonight:

Pasquale in for Fucale

Pither in for Bennett

Angelo Miceli goes from the 4th line to the 1st line. I don't agree with that one.

Tonight's lines are in the first post.

Bournival didn't deserve to be passed by Miceli, but it was something that had to be done. Looks to me that Sly is trying to get some kind of secondary scoring threat to open things up and take some pressure off of line one.

Bournival didn't deserve to be passed by Miceli, but it was something that had to be done. Looks to me that Sly is trying to get some kind of secondary scoring threat to open things up and take some pressure off of line one.

I don't mind Bournival sliding down a line - as much as he was the best player yesterday, they should be easing him in and it's hard to do that on the #1 line. But Miceli replacing him? I'd have tried Bozon first. Or MacMillan (and have Gregoire shift over to C). Miceli hasn't done much of anything for a while now. I like the look of that top line more with one of them there while the second line should be good enough to be a second scoring unit.

Went to OT again and lost. 3-2.

Pasquale 3rd star.

Ellis/Bournival again put a lot shots on net both with 5 shots.

Lernout-Gregoire 1a and +1

Outshot 13-6 in 3rd & OT. Had 0 shots in OT.