Montreal Canadiens vs. Detroit Red Wings | January 16th, 2017 | 3:00 EST

Habsfan84

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

He's also afraid to slap it. Had several opportunities. Wouldn't take it. I guess the Gallagher injury is holding him back.

Exactly which opportunities did he have to fire a slap shot, I musta missed those? I strongly suspect your theory is bunk, but who knows.

I think the "Weber's outlet passes are awful" is bunk personally.

I don't see the team trapped in it's zone nearly as much with Weber out there, some yeah, but what D pair doesn't run out of gas and get pinned from time to time? 

Markov and Subban had awful moments sometimes, among the great moments they had.

14 hours ago, KoRP said:

I think the "Weber's outlet passes are awful" is bunk personally.

I don't see the team trapped in it's zone nearly as much with Weber out there, some yeah, but what D pair doesn't run out of gas and get pinned from time to time? 

Markov and Subban had awful moments sometimes, among the great moments they had.

But safe to say Weber does not have near the vision of a Markov and seems 99.99% of time he defers to his partner to move the puck up the ice, or he simply fires if off the boards which is safe but often just ends up coming back.

Guest Stogey24
3 hours ago, DON said:

But safe to say Weber does not have near the vision of a Markov and seems 99.99% of time he defers to his partner to move the puck up the ice, or he simply fires if off the boards which is safe but often just ends up coming back.

I honestly think Weber is going to be a factor in what Bergevin does at the deadline.

Weber needs a puck moving partner to alleviate some pressure off him being the sole puck mover on his pairing.

My opinion isn't biased, I like Weber, but his first pass is pretty bad. He leaned on Josi, when he was in Nashville to get the puck up to the forwards. 

Weber has many strengths, but that quick first pass in his own end isn't it. There's nothing wrong with that. He just needs a compliment on his pairing 

Good post Stogey, and I agree, Weber's strength is to stop the other team's possession of the puck more than making that great pass.

His shot makes up for that ;)

Guest Stogey24
34 minutes ago, KoRP said:

Good post Stogey, and I agree, Weber's strength is to stop the other team's possession of the puck more than making that great pass.

His shot makes up for that ;)

It's a bomb for sure