UFA SEASON (Selänne to Anaheim)

puck7x

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I already knew we weren't gonna resign him. But with the new rules I don't see the point of a big name enforcer. Especially when we have more glaring needs. Like our RFA's. We still need to sign Hejduk and Aebischer dammit.

Unrestricted free agent forward Paul Kariya has signed on with the Nashville Predators, TSN has learned. The deal is worth $4.5 million US over two years. Kariya played nine seasons with the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim and last season with Colorado. He was taken by Anaheim with the fourth pick of the NHL entry draft in 1993 - the year the expansion Ducks came into the league.

Originally posted by jetsniper

Leafs Sign Allison

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=132542

One year deal only. Thats because he's a huge risk...

He's not fully recovered from his injuries I bet...

Anyways its probably a cheap contract (league min) so its worth the risk.

As a habs fan I'm not worried one bit about this.

Originally posted by Guy10

Probably 17 people in Nashville know who he is....and that includes his family....

:lol:

This was quite a shock when I read this but a line with Sullivan and Kariya should be killer.

Originally posted by Tony
Originally posted by Guy10

Probably 17 people in Nashville know who he is....and that includes his family....

:lol:

This was quite a shock when I read this but a line with Sullivan and Kariya should be killer.

yeah, they could easily skate between the legs of Phily's DmEn...

like midgets trying to escape in the movies..

I guess we can see who proves to be the better bargain.:?- All the talk is that the cap will go down, but I think it will actually go up over the next 3 or 4 years. So getting a player signed to a 4 year deal will probably be preferable to a 2 year deal.

Looking at the two, I would say that Kovalev wins in the strength and durability department, Kariya in the speed and elusiveness dept. It is probably about a wash overall.

OUch! That's a shot to the head.

Originally posted by ap79

Aint the new CBA great?

I feel like I'm back in the good ol' 80's. Every team has a chance to land a marquee player now.  

Was worth the 1 year hiatus.

No. No it isn't. Damn you Pierre and your free-spending! *shakes fist*

But aside from no Foppa ( ;_; ) and no Foote ( ;_; )....these moves all intrigue me. I think the ones that get me most are Amonte in Calgary and Kariya in Nashville, I really want to see how these turn out.

[Edited on 2005/8/6 by jetsniper]