We're back (HW downtime)

puck7x

Well that was some pretty long downtime...

I'm not sure what happened. I'll have to wait till Matt (sakiqc) shows up to find out. Hopefully the problems are behind us.

[Edited on 2005-8-6 by puck7x]

Originally posted by simonus

wow, thank god HW is back... chfans and hfboards leave one less than satisfied.

:clap: And then some. CHFans is ok but the dialogue here is way more interesting. :clap:

Thank you for coming back on line. :clap:

By the way, a little angel told me that this is a failed Leafs plot to try to take the microscope from them. It was the ' Acer saccharum' virus.

Didn't work.

Unlimited bandwith eh? That's very interesting. It would be awesome if HabsWorld was able to host all Habs game next season but then again the people running the site would be slammed hard by a lawsuit.

Originally posted by Tony

Unlimited bandwith eh? That's very interesting. It would be awesome if HabsWorld was able to host all Habs game next season but then again the people running the site would be slammed hard by a lawsuit.

Well, just because we're in a good situation now doesnt mean we should just load the site full of bandwidth heavy content, we dont know what the future will hold, things could always change.

As well we've got to think of HW's 56k users. The site is great the way it is now, loads fast for everyone.

Originally posted by Prime Minister Koivu

Man it's good to be back.

I thought I got banned or something. :eyes:

No... Not yet anyways :P

Its was a tough day without HW. I didnt realize how much I relied on this site/forum for quality discussion, articles, news until it was gone for a day. The forum has been incredibly active lately (since the end of the lockout), its great. We've finally got the momentum back that we had during the 04 playoffs. Go HW Go!

[Edited on 2005-8-5 by puck7x]

I think your hosting provider had a DNS problem. I tried to access your website from home and work and I kept getting the same error message, indicating that habsworld.net could not be found. Someone probably messed up the host tables for their DNS, and didn't realize the problem.

If this happens again in the future, who can we email to inform them of the problem?