Hejduk signs for less than 4 million per

beckham

But wasn't Hejduk a restricted free agent, so he had less negotiating leverage? The interesting thing to me is the length of the contract - Hejduk could have signed for less years and commanded a higher salary in his next contract.

Yes, Kovalev is the better of the two.

The only way in which Hejduk has it over Kovalev is that he is younger so Hejduk has longer term potential, not necessarily higher quality potential.

i love kovalev, but hejduk has put up some good numbers recently - if colorado offered hejduk for kovalev, i think i'd take it.

kovalev has 2 inches and 30 lbs on hejduk, but is 3 years older. kovalev has only played 3 years where he's gotten at least a point a game, just like hejduk. there real close. i'm glad we have kovalev for his size, plus who knows how hejduk will do without forsberg, kariya, selanne, foote, etc. around? kovalev earned his CH in the playoffs.

Originally posted by ap79

Anyone would look good and get great stats playing with the likes of Sakic, Forsberg, Blake or Roy. But on their own? Look what happened to Drury. Same would happen with Hejduk.

yup and Kovalev's greatest years, while his linemates were no slouch, he was the man on that line

I'm talking about Straka and Lang

Hejkuk? well he's a great sniper, but it's all cooked and ready to serve when he gets it...

Kovalev IMO can cook it and serve it on his own.

Originally posted by alexstream

Anyone would look good and get great stats playing with the likes of Sakic, Forsberg, Blake or Roy. But on their own? Look what happened to Drury. Same would happen with Hejduk.

yup and Kovalev's greatest years, while his linemates were no slouch, he was the man on that line

I'm talking about Straka and Lang

Hejkuk? well he's a great sniper, but it's all cooked and ready to serve when he gets it...

Kovalev IMO can cook it and serve it on his own.

Problem with Kovalev is that he's sometime lazy and prefer to order junk-food. :P

Originally posted by PB

It seems useless to compare restricted players contract against the unrestricted ones.

Not when you're reaching for any possible occasion to bash the Habs... if you catch my drift. ;)

except selanne.