ribeiro back with the habs

simonus

Great news. Now we gotta get Ryder signed.

... and Koivu, and Theodore... etc...

I wouldn't be surprised to see several more get done by the habs in the next two days.

another one down, many more to go! i'm glad we aren't overpaying. this is good and fair. i'm sure if he puts up another 65+ points this year he'll be eligible for the 3 million for 3 years type of deal.

I'm pretty sure that Ryder will get a contract similar to Ribeiro's. The length of the contract is what to be seen, but I suspect that a 1 or maybe 2 year contract will be offered. While I'm sure that Gainey would like to commit to longer terms to these young players, the risk is high since neither has established a track record. Both are coming off their finest seasons, and obviously in Ryders case his only pro season. But, the old sophmore jinx may be a factor for him, and Ribeiro has been very inconsistent prior to the last NHL season. If both of them could put a few good seasons together, I'm sure they could write their own ticket for salaries when their turn for UFA status comes up.

-Norm S.

Ryder played very well in sweden last season.. Better than Trent Hunter did in the same league if u ask me.

I think he is the real thing. BTW.. Ive said it before and I say it again... Watch out for Bouillon this year. I think he will have a latebloomer superseason with 30-40 points if he is given the chance on the PP and maybe 20 minutes per game.

[Edited on 2005/8/11 by Dalhabs]

Hey, is there any other link to the Ribs signing... I haven't seen it announced anywhere else yet.

EDIT: Nevermind about the link, missed it in the first post.

[Edited on 11/8/05 by Macaskill]

yeaaaah~ i saw that news in La Presse this morning but then i had to leave for work so can't get on net to announce it hehe~

Ribeiro said that he wanted a long term contract but then he got a 1 year contract, but he finally said that it might be good for him too~ like he now has to proof to the habs that he deserves to stay (long term) by playing well and have a wonderful season~ and he's sure that next time that he will negociate (next summer), he'll get a better contract ;)

theo's clan is negociating with gainey today and koivu's clan in this coming day too~ hope everything will be done by next monday~~~~~~~

GO HABS GO

>>> edit <<<

oh yeah~ also, ribeiro said that he's confident for this coming season (with all the new changes on the ice -- no more red line etc -- ) coz there'll be more space for the forward to play and if all the penalty is going to be call by the officials, it should be good for the fans (more interesting to watch) and for the players (to play as they should -- creativity etc. -- )

[Edited on 2005/8/11 by bebehabs]

Great news. He's a young guy with a lot of super potential! I read the TSN/Players comments on him and it's very encouraging.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_bio.asp...304&hubName=MTL