Whos going to be on MTL fourth line

Habs Duude

actually, Higgins is a centerman as well. but He was asked to play leftwing. same thing for bulis ans hossa.

my forht line would be: begin perezhogin and sundstorm

higgins would then be switched to the right on the 3rd line

Yea, they're centers on the paper but Bégin, Higgins or Plekanec surely can also play the wing.

Sundström might be a good fit on the 4th too, though who should then play on the 3rd? Dandenault might play on defence, Ward isn't there anymore - Higgins, Plekanec maybe?

Anyways, we'll see a hard fight for those spots at training camp, which can only be a good sign.

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Aren't Perezhogin and Plekanec not the kind of playmakers, and not that good in defending? So will they be good enough for a fourth line (i know they won't play much on a fourth)

I've to agree, Perezhogin on a 4th line with limited ice time won't help the team much.

As for Plekanec - he's a very good all around player, so he might find a home on the 4th line.

I'm not sure that Maxim Lapierre can't be able to at least start the season as the Habs fourth line center!!! I know it is an extreme long shot, but what I have seen of this guy, he may just have the cones to stick for awhile!!!

Outside of that little fantasy, I say it will probably be Begin/ Sundstrom/ Vandermeer

[Edited on 2005/9/3 by Uwey]

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Bulis? He's a perfect thirdline player! I thought we'd all agreed he was a third-line regular and would play great with Bonk.

I think Chris Higgins would be a perfect fit with Bulis & Bonk. He would add the dimension of a tenacious little pitbull on the boards & in the corners for the two big skaters. Plus the kid knows his way to the net, so he could also cause some problems in the crease for opponents as well.

Originally posted by The-Habby2919

hey this is my first post after checking this forum daily for a month...... well ive actually been working different line combinations but this is what i personally think will work best this year.

Kovalev , Koivu , Zednik

Ryder , Ribeiro , Dagenais (not a big fan but i hear he works well with ribs.)

Bulis , Bonk , Sundstrom

Souray & Komisarek

Rivet & Markov

Dandeneault & Streit (Bouillon or Hainsey)

and since this is what the thread is all about the fourth line!!..................... sorry about the delay....

Plekanec , Begin , Vandermeer

or...

Pleckanec , Begin , Perezhoghin or Hossa

and thats my two cents,.... thanks for listening and sorry for being a little off topic.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

My guess is that Pleckanec , Perezoghin or Hossa has to displace Dagnenais to make the team. & I'm betting it's Perezoghin.

I'd want the 3rd line to be: Bulis - Bonk - Begin

4th line: Perezhogin/Hossa/Dagenais - Higgins/Plekanec - Sundstrom

Have the LW of Ribeiro-Ryder a sort of "reward" for the 4th line kids. Whoever does well gets to play with Ribs & Ryder. If not, they're on the 4th line, with Sundstrom on the RW as insurance policy.

Example:

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Begin

Higgins - Plekanec - Sundstrom

If Perezhogin slumps, swap him with Higgins or Plekanec. Do this until a kid imposes himself as a constant 2nd line contributor.

OK: Everybody repeat after me: Perezhogin is NOT a thug or a goon. :wall:

Thug: a player who deliberately --and with pre-meditation-- attempts to injure an opponent. Usually, only repeat offenders fall into this category. See: Marchment, Bryan; McSorley, Marty.

One incident does not a thug (or a goon) make.

Only in extreme cases will a single incident lead to inclusion in this category and ONLY then, if the player in question has previously shown thug-like qualities and the consequences of the attack prove to be catastrophic for the victim. SEE: Bertuzzi, Tood & Moore, Steven

Goon: Player who makes his living by fighting for his team

Source:

PMAC's Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Hockey Terms

:contract:

[Edited on 2005/9/4 by PMAC]

[Edited on 2005/9/4 by PMAC]

I know alot of ppl are high on guys like higgins and plekanec but I honestly see them as solid 3rd and 4th line players out there to shut down opposing top lines and PK duty..We always like to think all out prospects are gonna be offesnive star juggernauts but thats simply not the case. Plekanec and higgins will carve out nice careers for thensleves as 3rd and 4th liners.. Especially higgins IMO.. Just my take, and its not a slap in the face, simply my opinon..

I can't help but think the Habs could ice three decent scoring lines. Now I'm not talking dominating, but three lines that on any given night could lead the team. They have to move this on intregrating some of their kids into the lineup. Several have paid their dues in the A & now is the time to make the step.