On-ice Day #3...

puck7x

Thx for the update once again!...

It's awesome that you are going out and reporting back to us with what you can. I can't imagine just how crowded it must be... lol. Tomorrow certainly will be insanely packed, considering everyone's mostly got the day off.

On a side now, is anyone going to the "Jamboree" (sp?) thing on Sunday? I'm going to check it out, and I heard rumors that free tickets to the Exhibition game will available... just wonderng if anyone else knows of this

?

Originally posted by Macaskill

Thx for the update once again!...

It's awesome that you are going out and reporting back to us with what you can. I can't imagine just how crowded it must be... lol. Tomorrow certainly will be insanely packed, considering everyone's mostly got the day off.

On a side now, is anyone going to the "Jamboree" (sp?) thing on Sunday? I'm going to check it out, and I heard rumors that free tickets to the Exhibition game will available... just wonderng if anyone else knows of this

?

No problem, I dont mind writing the updates. Yes, the place was very crowded, worse then the first two days. I can only imagine what tomorrow will be like, no school... all the kids will be there, and so far its only been older people attending the practices... Add kids to the mix, and geez... no room to breathe.

I "might" be going to the jamboree, but I am definitely (got tickets) going to the exhibition game that night. And yes, they are awarding free tickets at the jamboree.

I was also there today (as well as the first day) and I can tell you that there were at least twice as many people today than Wednesday.

I didn't see any of the first scrimmage and had an obstructed view for the second scrimmage. I did see Latendresse set up Ribeiro for a goal. Nice patience by Latendresse as he held on to the puck before feeding Ribs.

I have to say that I'm getting on the Latendresse band wagon, but the real test will come during exhibition games. I'm sure he will get plenty of ice time. Basically, if they keep him it has to be to play on the top two lines and the only way I see that happening is by taking Dagenais' spot. The thing the kid has going for him is that he fits the profile of what we most need: a power forward. He represents a nice "problem" for Julien.

Kostitsyn was much better and visible today than he was Wednesday. He was on a line with Ribs and Latendresse. Vandermeer again caught my eye.

But, like Puck, I had a hard time seeing a lot of the stuff. Way too many people. Hockey fever is definitely back in Montreal.

Originally posted by Prime Minister Koivu

Puck, I love these reports.

Makes me jealous of you!

I love the fact that our young guys are really playing hard. I hope to see atleast two on the roster.

Right now it looks like Higgins and Perezhogin are ready, and Latendresse might play his way into the lineup. Hainsey or Streit should also make the team.

Chipchura, Kostitsyn, Plekanec, Hossa and the rest will have to wait.

I also think Vandermeer will find a spot on the fourth line.

Originally posted by Chuko

But, like Puck, I had a hard time seeing a lot of the stuff. Way too many people. Hockey fever is definitely back in Montreal.

If only I had access to the "media only" section, then I'd have a great view, and lots of space.

HW counts as media, dont we? :D ... We're the most popular Montreal Canadiens news & <b>media</b> site anyways, hehe

<a href="http://www.alexa.com/browse/general/?&Mode=general&CategoryID=374718&Start=1&SortBy=Popularity&Recursive=Letter" target=_blank">Click here for link</a>

Anyways, I'm not going to pretend to be a writer, or a media guy, cause I'm not, I'm the furthest thing from it. Just a fan, just doing updates for a website...

[Edited on 2005-9-16 by puck7x]

Puck, I have to congratulate you and everybody else that helps you on this web site, great job and keep it up.

Obviously you've found a great way to channel your passion for the Habs and hockey in general. Who knows, with the right contacts you might find yourself in the media section at next year's training camp.

You've come a long way from our GBSK pool days !

Keep up the good work.

Michel

Originally posted by Macaskill

?

jamboree2005FR175.gif

http://www.habsworld.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3422

yep i'm going!!! and it's true that habs are going to give free tickets for the 1st pre-season game against atlanta on sunday nite (but i think it'll be a random pitch) haha so u better be lucky ;) i just hope that it wont rain TOOOOOOOO much tomorrow~~~~ :P

some sites says that the habs practice is going to start at 9am, some others said 10am... based on my personal experience, i think they will let us get in the bell center at 9am and habs r going to be on ice at 10am~

if u want a nice seat and view... get there EARLY!!! (i'm planning to get there like... around 7am? haha but i think i'll be there like at 7h30am~~)

if u have a digital camera, bring it and take pix!!! then we could post them up in the forum :D

-- about the article, yeah great job and nice misc pix :clap:

[Edited on 2005/9/17 by bebehabs]