Your 5 favourite non-Hab related hockey moments

Leafs Suck

1. Canada wins gold at the 02 Olympics

2. Watching my favourite player Steve Yzerman win the Cup for the first time in 1997, plus two others.

3. Canada's 05 DOMINATING World Jr team

4. Watching Mario Lemieux win 2 Cups and come back from cancer within a 3 year span

5. Anytime the Leafs lose in the playoffs

[Edited on 2005/9/16 by Leafs Suck]

1. Ray Bourque lifts the Cup in 01

2. The night Roy's number went in the rafters

3. Patty wins his third Conn Smythe in 01

4. Patricks 448th win against the Caps in OT

5. 5 is hard. It's a tie between:

-Gold Medal Game in 02

-Stealing the Divsion, Rocket Richard trophy and Art Ross Trophy from the casucks in one day

-The entire 05 World Junior Tourney. We kicked everyones ass.

1. Finally going into the plus column in goal scoring. My first ever 'organized hockey' goal was into my own net. Later, I don't remember how or when, but I got one into the other team's net and, at last, during a university guys get-together game, I deflected one into the opposition's net. It was time to retire on a high.

2. Watching some of the first game of the Canada/Soviet summit series (1972) during my wedding evening party.

3. Watching the Canadian Women's team beat out the US for the Gold medal in Salt Lake City, despite stacked odds against them.

4. Watching that run of five consecutive Canadian WJC championships.

5. Seeing anybody beat Philadelphia in the playoffs (except when they lost to Edmonton back in the 80's).

[Edited on 2005/9/16 by shortcat1]

Im only going to say one. Going to the ACC to watch Mikka Noronen score the ninth goal in history by a goalie. I laughed my but off in front of them all :D

I put noronen was a d-man he is a goalie.

[Edited on 2005/9/18 by TheBigRedC]

1. Henderson scores winner in game eight in 1972 Summit Series.

2. Mario scores winner in game three verses Soviets in 1987.

3. Leafs keep losing in the play-offs...when they make it.

4. Mario's return after his retirement.

5. Vancouver's playoff run in...I think it was 1982.

I'm going to hurt some Canadians...

1. Peter Forsberg scoring the final goal on Corey Hirsh in the 1994 olympics in Lillehammer, Norway. What a goal and the begining of a great players career.

2. Sweden - Finland in the World Championship 2003. Finland had a comfortable 1-5 lead. Swedish coach Hardy Nilsson switched goaltender and put Mikael Tellqvist in net. He started with a save on Selännes breakaway. The rest is history. Sweden won 6-5...

3. World Championship 1991. Sweden - Soviet Union in the finals. Mats Sundin 18 years old are on fire and the goal that gave us the gold medal is a class act.

4. The best game ever. Sweden - Canada in the 2002 olympics in Nagano, Japan. After one period the score was tied, 1-1. I did my militay service at the time and we where 5 soldiers waken that night just to see the game. After that first period we all agreed that we had seen one of the best period ever played. In the end Sweden won 5-1 and the reporter from CNBC said that he never had seen anything like it. I agree. Canada won the tournament and Sweden lost to Belarus. (My worst moment).

5. The first time I saw Börje Salming play hockey. Im a huge fan of Salming even if he was a Leaf. When he moved back to Sweden he play for my favourite team AIK.

1. Koivu coming back at the end of the season, after recovering from cancer.:clap:

2. Canada winning Gold in Salt Lake City.:can:

3. The Habs coming back from 3-1 to eliminate the Bruins in the 2004 playoffs.:hlogo:

4. The Habs lose 4-5 to the Detroit Red Wings in a thrilling overtime game.:hockey:

5. Gino Odjick and PJ Stock have a memorable fight in the playoffs in the Canadiens-Bruins game.:hlogo:

I was just about to post that I didnt notice it was non-habs related. Whatever Ill leave it like that. I wasnt around for too long so I wasnt there for the summit series and all that.

1- 02 olympics when we won !!

2-02 olympipcs when salo got the puck in the face and let the puck go in. I laughed my butt off!

3-when lindros got nailed by stevens !!

4-when lindros got nailed by samuelson in 1991's canada cup !!

5-any gold medal at the wjc

1. leaf losing (pre-season, regular season, playoffs {not including Finals cause they can't make it there}, draft day, etc.)

2. 1987 Canada Cup, Mario's goal (made possible by Hawerchuk) still chills

3. Mike Bossy down the wing

4. Cup worthy champions like Yzerman, St.Louis, Brodeur and Sakic

5. Watching the lefarazzi eats its own sh!t

[Edited on 2005/9/20 by ~moeman]