My Cuts

GoHabs2002

The last two games have to be played with our full roster, meaning 4 cuts remain. My choices:

Streit = let him go down the then ahl and familiarize more with N.A play. GIve Hainsey a chance to hang out with the pro team, play him in game #2 against NYR and see how he does.

Vandameer: Didn't like what i've seen of him (albeit only two televised games). Took too many penalties for an effective enforcer.

Perezhogin: I'd prefer to cut Ivanis, but I'm sure the team wants one tough guy, even though I'd rather have one with a league reputation. I don't like sending Zhog down, but its a numbers game. First call up to replace injuries.

Letendresse: Apparently struggled in the second Boston game. Had a great run, but another year in Junior wouldn't hurt. We dont rush him, let's not. Pencil him in for next year though.

Permanent Lines:

Zednik Koivu Kovelov

Dagenais Ribeiro Ryder

Bulis Bonk Hossa

Higgins Plekanec Begins

Sundstrom/Ivanis (bottom line juggled depending on opponent)

Souray Komisarek

Markov Rivet

Dandenault Bouillon

Hainsey

Theo Danis

I doubt they want to play half a season with Theodore and Danis as the top two. My bet is that they deal a skater for a goaltender. Hainsey is a lock. They aren't going to give up on him after all they invested. Not without a significant return in any event. They won't keep all the small forwards...ie Higgins, Plekanec, Perezhogin, Begin. Two of them at the most.

Originally posted by beckham

I doubt they want to play half a season with Theodore and Danis as the top two. My bet is that they deal a skater for a goaltender. Hainsey is a lock. They aren't going to give up on him after all they invested. Not without a significant return in any event. They won't keep all the small forwards...ie Higgins, Plekanec, Perezhogin, Begin. Two of them at the most.

beckham you are so set at getting rid of Theo and Danis for some reason before the regular season starts. Which goalie are we trading for? Don't say we are trading a bucket of pucks for Biron, it would have to be a real trade. I am curious who you think is available as I cannot. :hockey:

We need to keep an enforcer around-just look at the wonders it has done in Ottawa this year. Players play a little bigger when you have back up. I say either guy is ok- I prefer Ivanans though. He's a monster!

Originally posted by GoHabs2002

The last two games have to be played with our full roster, meaning 4 cuts remain. My choices:

Streit = let him go down the then ahl and familiarize more with N.A play. GIve Hainsey a chance to hang out with the pro team, play him in game #2 against NYR and see how he does.

Vandameer: Didn't like what i've seen of him (albeit only two televised games). Took too many penalties for an effective enforcer.

Perezhogin: I'd prefer to cut Ivanis, but I'm sure the team wants one tough guy, even though I'd rather have one with a league reputation. I don't like sending Zhog down, but its a numbers game. First call up to replace injuries.

Letendresse: Apparently struggled in the second Boston game. Had a great run, but another year in Junior wouldn't hurt. We dont rush him, let's not. Pencil him in for next year though.

Permanent Lines:

Zednik Koivu Kovelov

Dagenais Ribeiro Ryder

Bulis Bonk Hossa

Higgins Plekanec Begins

Sundstrom/Ivanis (bottom line juggled depending on opponent)

Souray Komisarek

Markov Rivet

Dandenault Bouillon

Hainsey

Theo Danis

I think this is what I would like to see. I know that Julien likes to see Sundstrum in the lineup. I'm sure he'll be in from time to time. How can we leave Dags out?

I agree that he deserves that second line spot for now.

Isn't Worrell still un-signed??? He would be an asset if you ask me. I just think that if you are going to play NHL hockey, you need to have a guy that can come to a players defense. You don't want Souray doing that and let's be honest, Rivet can't handle the serious goons out there now. If Vandermeer and Ivanans are both going to the minors, then who is going to fill the spot. I know there are people who feel that an enforcer takes a potential scorer out but it's still a neccesary role. The players are still going to hit and stuff. If things get rough, someone is going to have to step up! Koivu isn't that guy....Zednik...Bulis...take a look at other rosters, every team has that potential killer. I'm not saying to play the guy every game, but picture Ivanans (6'4" 263lbs) on the power play...sitting in front of the net....who's going to move him?? SIZE MATTERS...IN HOCKEY!

Originally posted by HABZRULE

Isn't Worrell still un-signed??? He would be an asset if you ask me. I just think that if you are going to play NHL hockey, you need to have a guy that can come to a players defense. You don't want Souray doing that and let's be honest, Rivet can't handle the serious goons out there now. If Vandermeer and Ivanans are both going to the minors, then who is going to fill the spot. I know there are people who feel that an enforcer takes a potential scorer out but it's still a neccesary role. The players are still going to hit and stuff. If things get rough, someone is going to have to step up! Koivu isn't that guy....Zednik...Bulis...take a look at other rosters, every team has that potential killer. I'm not saying to play the guy every game, but picture Ivanans (6'4" 263lbs) on the power play...sitting in front of the net....who's going to move him?? SIZE MATTERS...IN HOCKEY!

My god!

6' 4'' 263lbs?

Ivananas must be a monster. Can he pop in a goal or two in a year?

I don't want Peter Worrell anywhere near this team. The guy has had multiple DUIs, we don't need an alcoholic on the team.

One DUI, is bad enough, though many people get one. But getting more than one and having your liscence revoked is a sign of a problem. If these were maybe 5 years ago and he was over the problem, then maybe give him a chance. However, his most recent one was just last year.

I would even throw Sandy McCarthy's name around but that's strictly an enforcer- don't think he will be able to keep up in the new NHL. Worrell is a great fit. Big, mean and like it was said before-NHL experience. I wonder what kind of cash he would want. He is from Montreal so maybe he would come cheap. I figure Mr Gainey knows his stuff(he did play on a line with Nilan so I think he understands the need) so I'm not worried. If we DON"T have a "goon" then I'll worry. When I was at the game against Toronto, Ivanans looked like he was standing at the bench when he was sitting- he is a presence on the ice.:ghg:

Good question- the reason I say that is you need a guy that actually wins fights- not just some cement head. He has to bring fear to the opposition. I'm looking forward to the responses.... obviously I'm a fan of the scraps.

I watched Ivanans play about 10 games last year in Hamilton. He is huge, but from the fights I saw, he didn't win any that I recall, and was schooled once by Nathan Perrot of St. Johns, now the Toronto Marlies.

He is a typical enforcer with hands of stone. He played mostly with Corey Locke and Jonathan Ferland. He definitly won't score much, and I was there for his only goal, which was a shot from the corner/ faceoff circle that somehow went in?????

I was more impressed with Benjamin Carpentier with the Bulldogs last year. He had a little more skill although he was alot smaller than Raitis.

[Edited on 2005/9/29 by kaos]

[Edited on 2005/9/29 by kaos]

Hey FanPuck33, you ever notice how Beckham seems to like to point out all sorts of apparent problems with the Montreal Canadiens, but when you ask him as to how he would solve the problem he avoids the question, byt making some comment about your post?

THe Habs goaltending situation is just fine. Danis needs a shot to prove whether he can or can't play. If after 6 or 8 games he proves he can't handle it, then Gainey can make a trade for any number of veteran goalies that will be available for a high draft pick, or career minor leaguer.

But old Beckham never seems to wanna give any of Montreals prospects a shot, unless there some 18 year old junior player toiling away in the WHL or QMJHL.

And as for the Habs final cuts I see Latendresse going back to the Q, and Mark Streit and Raitis Ivanans heading back to the Bulldogs.

I think they may keep everyone else for a few weeks to see how they perform.

Kaos, I'm glad to get some first hand info on Ivanans but I've heard the opposite. I've even seen it on other sites that few players wanted a piece of him. Even the new guy in Ottaw(McGratton I think) said he is the strongest guy he's fought. There must be some truth to the fact that he's pretty tough. I've seen Brashear go lots of times when he played for Quebec(LHNA) and saw him lose a few. Every scrapper loses a few- I just want a guy that doesn't lose most fights(a la Gordie Dwyer).:devil:

May I humbly add: "HEY! I THOUGHT THAT THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT WHO WAS GOING TO BE CUT IN ORDER TO GET THE FINAL ROSTER! NOT ABOUT SLAM-BASHING ONE ANOTHER!" :mad:

There's still a number of 'candidates' and there are only a few spots. Reasonably, I would think that Latendresse will go back for more seasoning and experience. I also expect that the same will be for Perezhogin (but this will only be part-time).

As to the defensemen, likely it'll be Streit who'll go down because Hainsey, though he's still struggling, would be lost without any compensation possible if he went down. But Streit's stay in the AHL would be very temporary, both as an opportunity to get more consistent action and to give the Canadiens more opportunity to see what they could get from Hainsey.

As always, we'll see.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by HABZRULE

Good question- the reason I say that is you need a guy that actually wins fights- not just some cement head. He has to bring fear to the opposition. I'm looking forward to the responses.... obviously I'm a fan of the scraps.

All I can say based on seeing him at the Bell and Toronto is that he is a disuading force of the first order,...imparting a sense of monumental strenght as I have never seen on skates.

My cuts : Sundstrom, Latendresse, ( Vandermeer or Ivanans ), and Streit.

Zednick, Koivu, Kovalev

Ryder, Ribeiro, Dagenais

Bulis, Bonk, Hossa

Higgins, Plekanec ,Perezogin

RESERVISTES : Begin, ( VAN or RAITI)

Latendresse will go to Junior hockey and if somewhere in the season Bulis as not produced offensivelly the way he ought to,....Latendresse will come to take his place.